Video 90 rule explained by Lou

A useful visual representation for those struggling with it.

Watched that. Reckon she’s got that bang on. Well done Lou.

Very good explanation. It looks to me that in order to stay in excess of 180 days this can involve you in a considerable amount of travelling in Europe. Many will need to return to UK for MOT so that could be further travel.

That was great. Is there any way getting round coming back to the uk for the yearly mot to keep your insurance valid?
No idea , but perhaps an GB, MOT could be had in Gibraltar? Might be worth checking.

"MOT could be had in Gibraltar? "
I think you'll find that only cars registered in Gibraltar can have an MOT in Gibraltar ☹️ and a UK registered car can only legally be tested in the UK.

Regards,
Del

I think you'll find that only cars registered in Gibraltar can have an MOT in Gibraltar ☹️ and a UK registered car can only legally be tested in the UK.

Regards,
Del
Did you notice the question mark in my reply ?;)

Did you notice the question mark in my reply ?;)
Yes, I didn't mean to sound like I was answering you but just pointing it out in general :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Yes, I didn't mean to sound like I was answering you but just pointing it out in general :unsure:

Regards,
Del
I knew that. ;) Although I didn't know if that was a possibility. I've learned stranger things since I started with you lot. Free leccy, for instance. Free that is,as long as you spend a small fortune getting it. 🤌😁😀😃

Very well explained. A point not covered is how do you prove that you have been in a non Schengen country, say Bulgaria, which does not count towards the 90 days. A more general point is who is checking and how? Will a UK passport be stamped when entering the first Schengen country after leaving the UK, e.g. France?

Very well explained. A point not covered is how do you prove that you have been in a non Schengen country, say Bulgaria, which does not count towards the 90 days. A more general point is who is checking and how? Will a UK passport be stamped when entering the first Schengen country after leaving the UK, e.g. France?
It’s got to be their task to prove you haven’t. Credit card transactions, mobile phone history, there got to be no end of ways of proving you’ve been outside the EU. Don’t worry, be happy.

When we entered France at the start of September they scanned the passport and returned it - not stamped, but I suppose the computer knows When we come and go.

Used to be nice to have the old passport stamped :)

I wonder if all the different nations databases are linked?

Passports scanned and stamped 1st July at Santander on way in . Scanned and stamped 27th September on way out.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back