Vivaro Pop Top Hinge Alignment

dirkdiggler

Free Member

Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on fitting the pop top to my Vivaro from a kit I fitted made by Daystar Campers.

The scissor hinges came pre fitted into the fiberglass pop top and I have bolted them in place to the rail in the van. When opening and closing the pop top the hinges grind together and paint/metal was rubbed off within a couple of opens and closes.

I have checked my measurements over and over again and am sure they are right. I have spoken to the guy who made the kit and he says it is normal for the hinges to grind a little. I find this extremely hard to believe.

The hinges screw into the fiberglass at 150cm apart whereas the rails are 145cm apart, so it seems to me that the obvious error was the screwing of the hinges into the fiberglass in the wrong place by Daystar. The guy at Daystar assures me these measurements are correct, but I cant see how this could be possible since surely the hinges must be parallel and in the current state they clearly are not.

Difficult to see on the photos but the hinges seem to be handed. Are the LH and RH juxtaposed?

Edit: otherwise, you could fit a 25mm spacer on one of the pivots.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back