warm one in france

rugbyken

i know a mini heatwave has hit the uk but we’re almost melting over here, i have 4 heat sensors around the van the one in full sun hit 56 deg the other day & is consistently 40/45 in the shade a more realistic 36/37 , we visited an old rugby mate that has lived here nr st jean de angely for 30 years normally ex pats would ask for baked beans brown sauce marmite etc he asked for nann bread samosas popadoms & mango chutney etc , after couple of days have left his place but needed to empty the loo so headed for a service area & found the most wonderful aire on the river bank at saint savinien still sitting out at almost 9 o/c but getting dark and mossies homing in so time to retire indoors IMG_1625.jpegIMG_1626.jpeg

We have also been sat outside until 20.30 pm Ken, if it was not for the bugs and things that bite we would be sleeping outside, just gone back in the van and poured an ice cold beer, still showing 32 deg inside at 21.00pm, looks like another sleepless night, see you tomorrow Ken :cool: (y)

It's been 28 degrees daily here in Germany but fortunately there is a slight breeze which has helped cool the MH at night.

We have also been sat outside until 20.30 pm Ken, if it was not for the bugs and things that bite we would be sleeping outside, just gone back in the van and poured an ice cold beer, still showing 32 deg inside at 21.00pm, looks like another sleepless night, see you tomorrow Ken :cool: (y)
Late night Jeff ?

Yes, it's a lovely location and in the WC POIs, but the Cotentin is somewhat cooler. In a fortnight, I've managed to get no more than 35 km south from Cherbourg as the seagull flies and plenty more places to visit down the coast.

This seams so wrong but I've just been for a walk and got home. I'm now sitting in the lounge it's 21c, obviously it's 24c outside and sunny.
I'm not so jealous, after reading your predicament.
Stay in the shade and keep calm.

Arrived at our new destination, waiting for Ken to arrive it is slightly cooler here with a slight breeze, orly 33 degrees 😎😎, will update our location when Ken gets here, here is a little clue, it is in the middle of hundreds of acre of grape vines, and they produce red, white and rose, sorry for the hard cliues but will update later🍷🍷

Arrived at our new destination, waiting for Ken to arrive it is slightly cooler here with a slight breeze, orly 33 degrees 😎😎, will update our location when Ken gets here, here is a little clue, it is in the middle of hundreds of acre of grape vines, and they produce red, white and rose, sorry for the hard cliues but will update later🍷🍷
I know FRANCE🍷🇳🇱

That looks like Paddy's, I'm sorry I've just got back from the pub, it might be a bit difficult to get there tonight.
Enjoy yourselves.
🥃

We came through the vines of Champagne region yesterday, heading for Alsace. Currently on the C-CP aire at Lunéville, just past Nancy.
It's been around 32 deg for us since arriving at Dieppe on Tuesday
Making the most of it, as it'll turn to sh1te before we know it!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back