Washing & polishing your van

Pudsey Bear

Ours is a real disgrace, I have the snow foam and a pressure washer but I'm just not up to it anymore so I've had a ring round and found a lad who will do it for what I think is a good price, he's in Lancashire, but you can't win em all, and he's mobile.

Wash inc roof £65

Wash & polish £145

With folk charging over £50 an hour just to stand about I don't think that's a bad price and he can do it next week.

Whoa, that sounds crazy cheap.

Don’t get a pressure washer within 50 feet of any rear cameras is my advice, cost me over £100 to replace and i thought I was being super careful.
What sort of polish
Thinking about having mine done but fearing it was likely to be £250 at least.

Spray and leave roof cleaner has made amazing difference in my experience

🤔😀

He's a car valeter and said he often does Motorhomes but I will interrogate him when he's here just to confirm he has a clue

He's a car valeter and said he often does Motorhomes but I will interrogate him when he's here just to confirm he has a clue
With the price difference between the two, I would assume (dangerous!) that the polish is a machine polish?
Good price for the wash given how big they are. Polish is good price as well if a MOP. Worth checking he knows what is what with the decals.

I will, he seemed to know his stuff, re the polish he said he doesn't use the cheap autosmart or any resin stuff as it can damage plastics, it's a liquid polish whatever that is.

I will, he seemed to know his stuff, re the polish he said he doesn't use the cheap autosmart or any resin stuff as it can damage plastics, it's a liquid polish whatever that is.
May sound strange but a good polish and protector for Plastics is Floor Polish.

He's just a young lad with a van, no overheads and it is Yorkshire remember :D :D

Whoa, that sounds crazy cheap.

Don’t get a pressure washer within 50 feet of any rear cameras is my advice, cost me over £100 to replace and i thought I was being super careful.
What sort of polish
Thinking about having mine done but fearing it was likely to be £250 at least.

Spray and leave roof cleaner has made amazing difference in my experience

🤔😀
I would say don't get a pressure washer within 50 feet of a motorhome, not just the rear camera. Unless the washer is turned down to a similar force that you would get anyway from a normal hose, it will get into the seams.
If we're talking about a campervan, that's a different matter

No pressure washers involved.

I must admit I favour a long reach brush attached to hose & keep away from fridge vents😀😀

I would say don't get a pressure washer within 50 feet of a motorhome, not just the rear camera. Unless the washer is turned down to a similar force that you would get anyway from a normal hose, it will get into the seams.
More than just into the seams. I had a scrape repaired by a local body shop and they thought they'd do me a favour by pressure washing the entire body. Not only did I need to re-caulk two seams, but they turned the onset of 'Fiat Flake' into a disaster, stripping large chunks of paint off the front wings, and also managed to get enough water into the fridge vents to flood the kitchen area of the van.

I questioned him about using a pressure washer via text yesterday as he wasn't answering this phone, after saying he's been doing them with one for 15 years he said I should find someone else, So I told him I would, so back to looking for another one.

I questioned him about using a pressure washer via text yesterday as he wasn't answering this phone, after saying he's been doing them with one for 15 years he said I should find someone else, So I told him I would, so back to looking for another one.
Like most young folk these days he prob thinks you are a fussy old g-t. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back