Waste alarm

Carrerasax

Waste alarm

I have emptied the grey waste but alarm is still sounding and flashing. Any ideas?

Location? Make? Model? These things all help if you're not telepathic!

Carrerasax;n28608 said:
I have emptied the grey waste but alarm is still sounding and flashing. Any ideas?

There could be ice bridging the contacts in the tank. Could be crud shorting them out of course [crud = a substance which is considered unpleasant or disgusting, typically because of its dirtiness]

It could just be ice on the inside of the grey water waste tank. Some manufacturers use a series of wired in bolts through the tank side wall to indicate quarter, half and three quarter full tanks. If ice has formed over the bolt heads on the inside it might be sufficient to complete the circuit and set off the alarm.

Not ice here in southern Spain I don’t think but thanks for the responses.
i think the guage was lying when I emptied it earlier.
done again & seems ok.
guage does seem to go from low contents to full very rapidly! I know level or not of van must have a part to play!!!!

Sounds like crap on the sensors in tank .
I had to get under my van open waste tank drain cap put hand up and clean sensor bars in tank .
but a good drive with coke in tank works to

Carrerasax;n28620 said:
Not ice here in southern Spain I don’t think but thanks for the responses.
i think the guage was lying when I emptied it earlier.
done again & seems ok.
guage does seem to go from low contents to full very rapidly! I know level or not of van must have a part to play!!!!

good to hear all seems ok.

Very surprised if it’s gunked up as we’re very fussy what we put down the sink, often emptying bowl into grey waste straight into drain.

That's a coincidence,
My waist has also alarmed me this very week.

Colin ???

Had a good run with some waste in round loads of roundabouts but still fussy so will have to try coke or perhaps hot water when we leave next camp site with hook up!!!

Half a dozen bottles of the cheapest, crapiest, gut wrenching, vomit inducing, caustic cola you can buy in the waste tank then go for a drive.

Open waste tap ( stand well clear ) and watch what comes out, you`ll be amazed, repeat if necessary then flush with clean water.

Back here in the UK, Tesco Everyday Value Cola ( 17p for 2 litres ) works very well https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/258291282

Hi, at regular intervals i pour a £1 worth = 6 bottles of Tescos cheap coke shared out by way of the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and the shower drain, into the waste tank and then go away for a few days with the van and then drain when we get to our destination or when we get back home, the waste tank used to show full at reguler intervals until i started this system, problem solved.
WARNING ----- Stand clear when you open the drain, not very nice to look at as it drains.
Ken

Full Member;n28721 said:
That's a coincidence,
My waist has also alarmed me this very week.

Colin ???

Feeling deprived my waste doesn't have an alarm in my waste tank well it kinda does but it's the old fashioned type where it just backs up into the sink as it did last week on the Hebridies so cold my waste tank froze lol.
Interesting thing about these alarms I was sat in Phils van the other day and this beep beep beep kept going on but Philip was ignoring it so after a few more beep beep beeps I felt the need to ask what is that beeping to which he replied it's the alarm on my fridge door to tell me I had not close it correctly. ??? it did tickle me as I am just thankful that I have heating in my van lol

Campervanannie;n29069 said:
Feeling deprived my waste doesn't have an alarm in my waste tank well it kinda does but it's the old fashioned type where it just backs up into the sink as it did last week on the Hebridies so cold my waste tank froze lol.
Interesting thing about these alarms I was sat in Phils van the other day and this beep beep beep kept going on but Philip was ignoring it so after a few more beep beep beeps I felt the need to ask what is that beeping to which he replied it's the alarm on my fridge door to tell me I had not close it correctly. ??? it did tickle me as I am just thankful that I have heating in my van lol

It's best to keep it simple Annie,after all it's just one more thing to worry about or go wrong.
We don't need extra things to worry about.
I just remember that signature of one of our members.
If you can't fix it with a hammer it must be an electrical fault.

If it's anything like my 2001 Autotrail, the waste alarm makes the same sound as the low fresh water alarm. This confused the heck out of me the first time I let the fresh water level get to below 20%!

I'm glad I'm still using an abacus and not a calculator. There's enough to confuse me, without things beeping at me.

The more waste there is; the more alarmed I get. With waste. as with most things; the best cure is prevention. Don't put fat of any sort down your sink and it wont get blocked up. Simples.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t put anything the least bit toxic down there. Not even vegetable water and always wipe greasy pans out with kitchen roll.
van only a year old, that’s what surprises me .
i will undo trap and peer in with mirror and torch when we get home!!!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back