Water pump losing pressure

Mobilvetta

Hi I'm currently away in Spain and every so often I hear my water pump switch on and prime the system.

This suggests to me that I have a leak somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot see one. I've checked the boiler connections and felt the floor, it's all dry,

I've checked were the water pump is and the water tank, again all dry, I have checked in the kitchen and bathroom cupboards, again all dry. No sign off any water on any internal.floors,, checked the Internal toilet cassette housing and that's dry as a bone.

I've also checked underneath the motorhome and no sign of any spillage, although it's a double floor so there is no access to see properly between the two floors. I've resorted to switching the water pump off at night so it doesn't disturb us, it probably runs for 2 or 3 seconds every hour or so.

It has done this before when it was one year old and it turned out to be a common fault on some pressure valve on the truma combi boiler that was allowing water through a run off pipe onto the ground, but having checked this isn't the fault this time.

Has anyone any suggestions of what could be causing it, if it isn't a leak. Cheers David
Ps it's been fabulous weather in Spain so far, but I believe we are in for slightly cooler and windy weather for the next few days with some rain.

I had a similar problem with mine, and it turned out to be the dump valve dripping, not enough to see a puddle outside, but enough to drop the pressue. Found it in the end by putting a collapsed cardboard box underneath my van.

It was one of the old electric Truma dump valves. We stripped it down and cleaned it, but it still leaked afterwards. Didn't want to spend £150+ on a new one so fitted a manual one instead.

Check it's not a faulty micro switch on a tap unplug each tap individually to pin point do water Level test to see if it is a leak ( sounds more like a leak as taps sensors norm run on a bit if not stay on sorry can't help more regards hope you and Elaine are well c u

Last edited:
Check it's not a faulty micro switch on a tap unplug each tap individually to pin point do water Level test to see if it is a leak ( sounds more like a leak as taps sensors norm run on a bit if not stay on sorry can't help more regards hope you and Elaine are well c u
Cheers Gordon. We are both well thanks, hope you and Fiona are too. I've just checked and I can't find any wires going to taps, so I presume they aren't fitted with Micro switches. it's a shureflo water pump so I guess it senses when a tap is open and that switches it on, but I could be wrong

I had a similar problem with mine, and it turned out to be the dump valve dripping, not enough to see a puddle outside, but enough to drop the pressue. Found it in the end by putting a collapsed cardboard box underneath my van.

It was one of the old electric Truma dump valves. We stripped it down and cleaned it, but it still leaked afterwards. Didn't want to spend £150+ on a new one so fitted a manual one instead.

I will give that a try thanks.

If you have a non return valve fitted to the top of the pump this may be by passing and allowing water back into the water tank. Check to see if the water is warm which will show that the hot is returning. The valve may be a simple ball which is pushed up when delivering water then re seats when it drops back into position sealing the flow ( this was the case on my Burstner ) may be a piece of debris stopping the ball from sealing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back