Water pump

Campervanannie

Mine stopped working at Stonehenge changed the fuse after I found the fuse box (in the garage duh) still nothing it won’t work on hot cold or flushing so had to come home early from Stonehenge to get it fixed before going to the Netherlands so glad it went now.

When you say "flushing" are you talking about the main water pump for taps etc or the toilet flush water pump?
If the toilet pump, they can seize due to lack of use or due to "stuff" floating around the flush tank. If you can fish out the pump it can be temporarily released by turning the pump impeller with a small screwdriver, although I would buy a replacement for the next time it seized.
If it's your main water pump, then ignore all that ;)

Good luck with the repair

K ;)

When you say "flushing" are you talking about the main water pump for taps etc or the toilet flush water pump?
If the toilet pump, they can seize due to lack of use or due to "stuff" floating around the flush tank. If you can fish out the pump it can be temporarily released by turning the pump impeller with a small screwdriver, although I would buy a replacement for the next time it seized.
If it's your main water pump, then ignore all that ;)

Good luck with the repair

K ;)
It was the main pump and they tested it this morning and it was really noisy and spluttery so he put a new one on £112 which I didn’t think was bad plus I got him to check my tyre pressure while I was there ?

Some toilets use the main water system to flush, not a separate tank. The toilet just has a solenoid valve that lets the water in.

Glad you're fixed annie

In a previous van I replaced the water pump just because it was becoming noisier, and then lugged it around as a spare.

In typical "sod's law" I never used it. I bet if I'd thrown it away the newer one would have immediately failed. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back