Water

Huck999

Free Member

I've done a quick search on this site, and got no results, so apologies if this is answered elsewhere.
My wife and I recently toured the UK with some of the grandkids, 'wild camping' in places like NT woodlands etc. As suggested elsewhere, we took a spare toilet cassette so was OK in that respect.
However, we had serious trouble finding drinking water. Is there a register of places that vans can fill up with drinking water - maybe using jetons - but not including paid sites?
The only places we found water was at petrol stations and we were warned by the truck drivers that it was not even good for drinking when boiled.
Thanks in advance.

I've done a quick search on this site, and got no results, so apologies if this is answered elsewhere.
My wife and I recently toured the UK with some of the grandkids, 'wild camping' in places like NT woodlands etc. As suggested elsewhere, we took a spare toilet cassette so was OK in that respect.
However, we had serious trouble finding drinking water. Is there a register of places that vans can fill up with drinking water - maybe using jetons - but not including paid sites?
The only places we found water was at petrol stations and we were warned by the truck drivers that it was not even good for drinking when boiled.
Thanks in advance.

If you join as a full member you also get membership of wildcamping.co.uk which has an app with details of hundreds of water points.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back