Weather in Norway in March

Ellendale

Weather in Norway in March

Anybody got any experiences of travelling in Norway during March? I know most roads are kept clear of snow just wondering about wildcamping possibilities.

http://s358.photobucket.com/user/vindiboy1/library/FLAM NORWAY We were in Norway in May one year , plenty of snow then but as yuou say roads are always kept clear and useable, great country to visit.loads of wild camping and official motor home parking for overnights toilet dumping and water easily available and Norway is not as expensive as some seem to think, tolls are camera usage and you can pay them on line on your return to UK with no penalty and in Sterling.

Ellendale;n1976 said:
Anybody got any experiences of travelling in Norway during March? I know most roads are kept clear of snow just wondering about wildcamping possibilities.

We lived in Norway for 5 years and never had any trouble at all travelling around even in the depths of winter. In order to have valid insurance we needed to use studded tyres between October and April as in those days (early 80’s) the roads were not salted so we ran on hard packed snow - I suspect it is still like that. However by March the only snow was in the higher parts so all the lower lying roads were fine.
Tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back