Weather Report..................

Thunderstorm was spectacular.
Friends living nearby but on a hilltop, had snow.
None of this was forecast.
Today they tell us to expect showers this morning, wind chill of 9 degrees , from SW. Moderate winds.
So!
We've blue patchy skies and nothing moving the branches.

Is that the one that the Gruniad says is so popular that even the owner can't get a table. 😂 As if.

Today, as forecast, it's been absolutely beautiful. I even took Mrs HS out for a drive, in order to cheer her up from yesterday's hospital visit. I tried to avoid the Sussex potholes but failed miserably. The family were pleased to see her, which cheered her up no end, followed by a beautiful drive home through the hills and woodlands in bright sunshine. 👍

Is that the one that the Gruniad says is so popular that even the owner can't get a table. 😂 As if.

Today, as forecast, it's been absolutely beautiful. I even took Mrs HS out for a drive, in order to cheer her up from yesterday's hospital visit. I tried to avoid the Sussex potholes but failed miserably. The family were pleased to see her, which cheered her up no end, followed by a beautiful drive home through the hills and woodlands in bright sunshine. 👍
Yes it is. It is always busy but I just don’t believe the owner couldn’t get a table - what a load of tosh. However when we were there a few weeks back Queen Camilla popped in for a bite (or maybe she had heard we were there)!

I must admit that I have as much trust in reviews as I have in the media. (Desperately trying not to be political.)

My late mother in law called her Camellia. She wasn't being rude, but very hard of hearing. 😂 We now do the same, not to take the mickey, but in memory of a lovely mother in law.

It's now chilly, the temperatures are dropping, and tomorrow we'll have frost again. Time to light a fire? 🔥

It lashed it down all night, with little wind to move it on. Forecast for tomorrow was the same.
Sao Bras is famed through Portugal, for it's Easter Parade. TV covers it every year . At dawn, the women of the town make a continuous 2km path through the centre. Laying down aromatic herbs and plants. Then decorating it with arranged spring flowers.
The men are dressed in their Sunday best, there's a strong smell of moth balls. Each is given a decorated sweeping brush, bedecked with a floral topping.
The Bishop and high and mighty ,the town band, process out of the church and along the flower pathway. The menfolk follow in sixes, holding aloft the brush , " Torches/ Torchas".
They stop at regular intervals, to bellow " The Christ is coming ... Hallelujah". The odd nip of firewater is taken and the move on.
On the return journey the lads get a bit loud, slurred and enthusiastic.
Then they all go to the pub!
The forecast is still for a deluge.
But we've suddenly got blue skies, calm breezes and 16 degrees.
Mixed feelings here.
We desperately need the rainfall, but cancelling the parade would be a financial setback.

Steady, unremitting rain in the first hour of the Easter parade, we're told to expect 6 mm of rain..

There's a strong NW wind blowing.

Looks like a washout.

By 1pm the Sun should come out, for a fine, breezy afternoon.

There will be a mountain of unused chicken piri piri and lake of undrunk booze.

Can't shift them if the crowds don't turn up.

But we got the rainfall.

Back