Weather Report..................

There has been no weather in Cheshire for the last few days but normal service is now resumed...............
Lovely day here as well. Great pics Graham, glad to see that the dog wasn’t leaping into the unknown depths of the T&M .....
Just back from the lantern display at Chester Zoo with the grandkids, a few pics below .......

D12F2134-65F4-4FD6-8BBC-C70743504F92.jpegCDCA76BD-BC28-4B98-998F-4220E77CD6E9.jpegA43798C1-8E76-4E7B-BC2A-3EAE97969719.jpegF7346C4E-DC9E-4F55-A45F-425967E6B3E7.jpeg

We have a pale slate grey sky above Hertfordshire right now following a blue sky first thing this morning.
It's about 8°C with a light breeze., so a Brompton ride is obviously on the agenda.
If the forecast is correct, then I suspect that Santa will need wheels attached to his skids this evening.
Let's hope that he remembers to unplug his EHU lead before setting off.

Colin :):):)

Thanks for the Canal pics, Graham.
They made us feel quite homesick.
We were fully comitted to retiring to a canal boat, after many summer rentals. We had talked to many owners along the towpaths and looked at buying.
Then we met this crazy couple in a pub.
Their brand new Autosleeper monocoque was parked outside.
We were hooked after a two hour, boozy indoctrination.
Our summer base was alongside the Bridgewater canal, at Altrincham.
We'll miss the camaraderie.
The weather ?
It'll do.
We're taking the booze sodden xmas cake to the pub, soon, for the wrinklies Xmas lunch.
dont expect much from me for a while .

I had a most enjoyable potter up the river Lee to Luton today. There's plenty of geese over-wintering on Wardown lake:

IMG_20191224_114312.jpg

.......... though not as many as on Orkney:

I rather fancy that the BBQs will be groaning under the load at the Summer Solstice meet next year.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I had a most enjoyable potter up the river Lee to Luton today. There's plenty of geese over-wintering on Wardown lake:

View attachment 52144

.......... though not as many as on Orkney:

I rather fancy that the BBQs will be groaning under the load at the Summer Solstice meet next year.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
Recipe for Cooking Canada Goose:
Pluck, dress and hang the goose for 3 days. Slash the skin .

Rub lard, salt & ground pepper into the carcass, tucking garlic cloves and lemon slices into the pockets.
Place into a heavy, earthenware casserole and put into a low oven .
Cook for 18 hours at 150' C.

Remove from casserole.
Throw the carcass away.
Break up casserole, with clean hammer.
eat the pieces,in the stock..
They'll be more tender than the Goose.

After forecasts of lots of rain, yesterday turned out lovely here and we even got a dry walk!
Today it’s only 2 degrees at the moment but another very fine day in prospect. I can’t ever remember such pleasant weather here on Christmas day.
Have a very Merry Christmas all weather thread regulars. 🌤🌤🌤

Back