Weather Report..................

We had some unexpected sun earlier but now it's back to expectation with a light grey cover and the occasional blue patch.
It's about 9°C with a gentle westerly breeze.
I'm looking forward to the high pressure due to arrive at the weekend!

Colin :):):)

Lovely day .. as forecast.
Warm, if sheltered from the Northerly wind.
Late breakfast, sunglasses needed.
Management now bringing the dried laundry in.
Looks like we've nothing better to do than go for a stroll in the country .
Well... I'm supposed to varnish the patio furniture ..
Later, maybe ?

Lovely day .. as forecast.
Warm, if sheltered from the Northerly wind.
Late breakfast, sunglasses needed.
Management now bringing the dried laundry in.
Looks like we've nothing better to do than go for a stroll in the country .
Well... I'm supposed to varnish the patio furniture ..
Later, maybe ?

Good plan Paul, you don’t want to get dust on the wet varnish from that northerly wind ............

It's overcast here in Hertfordshire and only about 8°C right now. On a positive note, the air is still - so perhaps the Weather Gods are preparing us for the amazing weather they have planned for the weekend?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Much better than the forecast, some sunny spells this morning and currently 13 degrees and a gentle breeze. Managed to get the greenhouse rearranged ready for the tomatoes, just hoping that the temperatures go up image.jpgotherwise the conservatory is going to be taken over...............

Last edited:
It’s nice that good weather is on the way. I just hope that it doesn’t tempt people to leave their homes with many resultant deaths down the line. I do think that some still have to come to terms with the unfortunate fact that their world has changed for the worse for some time to come if not for ever.
Sorry to sound like a doomsayer on our nice little weather thread, but some do need to wake up to what is happening. We’ll see how people behave this warm and sunny weekend.

It’s nice that good weather is on the way. I just hope that it doesn’t tempt people to leave their homes with many resultant deaths down the line. I do think that some still have to come to terms with the unfortunate fact that their world has changed for the worse for some time to come if not for ever.
Sorry to sound like a doomsayer on our nice little weather thread, but some do need to wake up to what is happening. We’ll see how people behave this warm and sunny weekend.

Well said, Bill.
It amazes me that there are still people either unaware (really?) or sufficiently stupid (probably) and self centred (definitely) to ignore the advice that has become a UK mantra. On my exercise today I came across idiots sitting side by side on a bench in Luton town centre ...... drinking alcohol from cans and having what must be, to them, a wonderful time in the warmish weather.
A policeman was doing his best to advise them otherwise. What a waste of his time and a potential disaster for the local people of Luton.
It makes my blood boil.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Yesterday was too perfect.
So I didn't post.
I've given up smugness for Lent.
The forecast was for more of the same today.
We awoke to pitter, patter and cold greyness. .
So I've kept up my resolution.
The heating is on, so is the coffee .
Just got the brandy to uncork.

........I've given up smugness for Lent..........

That really made me laugh out loud, Paul.
And I'm confident that Richard Dawkins would have done the same.
Thanks for that one.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back