Weather Report..................

We had showers overnight here in Herts but it's very mild and this morning it's very bright white/grey.
So I'll pack the Moho in preparation for visiting various family members on my way to the New Forest rally later this week.
Oh - and there'll be a bike ride this afternoon.

Colin ???

Funny sort of day, so far.
Calm bright breakfast.. 31' under the parasol...
Forecast was for full sun, Northerly breezes all day.. Still is.
By lunchtime, we'd had Easterly and westerly winds and clouds, as small and pure white as a virgins' sins.
Now a stiffish southerly is threatening to uproot the parasols.
I'm off for a post lunch ramble in the hills, while Management takes her beauty sleep.

oh yes....another glorious day......not too hot....just right. wish every day was like today...ooled down now and a bit overcast...........got a few job accomplished which have been needed doing for a while now......bit of pottering in the garden also....and out for coffee this morning......n.yorks

great yorkshire show starts tuesday.....so road will be very busy......

Perfect start to the day.. 36' in the full sun, but gentle SE breeze kept the temperature down to 26 under the parasol.
While tackling a huge orange, a wasp tried to share it with me.
One swipe of the swatter, The Demon Whacker, despatched it .
I must have just stunned it. 15 minutes later, I leapt out of my chair, writhing in agony.
The B u99er had found it's way, surreptitiously, into my shorts and was having it's revenge..in my inside leg region.
Both managers just laughed as I danced, shrieked and cursed, racing inside to get my shorts off.
There are 4 angry puncture marks.. 2inches further north, might have been really serious.
Evidently, only Female wasps sting.. The recommended cure is menthol.
I've rubbed some Vick on ..

Last edited:
Perfect start to the day.. 36' in the full sun, but gentle SE breeze kept the temperature down to 26 under the parasol.
While tackling a huge orange, a wasp tried to share it with me.
One swipe of the swatter, The Demon Whacker, despatched it .
I must have just stunned it. 15 minutes later, I leapt out of my chair, writhing in nagony.
The B u99er had found it's way, surreptitiously, into my shorts and was having it's revenge..in my inside leg region.
Both managers just laughed as I danced, shrieked and cursed, racing inside to get my shorts off.
There are 4 angry puncture marks.. 2inches further north, might have been really serious.
Evidently, only Female wasps sting.. The recommended cure is menthol.
I've rubbed some Vick on ..

Sorry for putting the smile on Paul but it reminded me of when Malcolm got stung a few years ago,we had a nest under the lawn and Malcolm and our neighbour decided to move it because they were putting some new fence posts in, anyway we (me and neighbours wife) stayed in the house with the door closed all of a sudden we heard an almighty shout and what seemed to be French words Malcolm had been stung about 3/4 times we couldn’t stop laughing either Paul! Forgot to mention Malcolm always said it didn’t hurt...now he knows different

Wind dropped, temperature, gentle 26'
Simple Broccoli cheese and Pasta, followed by Nectarines and melon.. Washed down by a superb Monsaraz Red. 2.15€ from the south facing terrace of Lidl.
Surely, it can't get any better, can it..
We've nearly come to terms with being without a motorhome.... Nearly.

Paul, thats a good price for Monsaraz red. I can't remember seeing a Monsaraz in Lidl, maybe maybe not.
I will have to look for it in a few weeks time
Great place Monsaraz and fantastic view from the aire
They were clearing off the last of the 2017 DOC. To make way for the excellent 2018. That, and a superb, Tradicâo white , has been a godsend, since February.. I reckon they have produced too much.. Somebody has to help them shift it.
They now have these specials, near the entrance.. Just filled up with Alandra red, another quality wine.
The red Casal Garcia, Vinho Verde, at 10%,ABV, is a joy to sup.
I'll try to leave some for you.
Weather..? Still ok, outside, Sarah Vaughan on Antenna 2.

Back