weighbridge

rugbyken

got over a local weighbridge last week pleased to see that even with my box on the rear i’m still legal at 3520kg on a 3850 plated veh but with no water & no jan still need to shed a bit more weight so today’s plan is everything out on the garage floor & reassessing frequency of use, i know i’m in for a fight last weekend i mentioned to jan that we didn’t need 4 methods of drying laundry ie line /freestanding frame /window hanger & whirligig apparently they are all required unless i wish to do the laundry myself lol,
i know my toolbox has grown but so has the cutlery drawer , i’m also thinking that since we use sites/ehu less than 2% of the time we are away do we need to carry leads toaster kettle etc ive a 3 way ehu splitter that i must have carried 50,000 miles without ever using it , at only £6 will be worth going over the weighbridge again before i leave at the end of the month

Ours was just underweight last month so we need to off load. Toolbag have been sorted and library of travel books and videos gone. I need to sort my extensive kitchen equipment next!! ?

A fair few years ago with the smaller van, we always used to pack our own clothes etc based on the restrictions you'd have on a plane (30KGS + your weight). Everything else was always lightweight camping equipment, as the van had very little payload to play with. Once we upped the payload, we never really deviated away from this even when we sold the last van that had a 4000kg Gross chassis (probably because there was a motorcycle in the garage and the bike gear).
Even with the Old Dear's ill health forcing our hand to caravanning (and having a Hilux to tow it), we still stick with lightweight and minimum tools etc.

I carry far too many tools but I could condense them down to just necessary ones, I am going to empty all the cupboards, lockers and hidey holes then remove the towbar and go to the weighbridge, I can remove the wind out awning as well before heading off in September if I need to

Last edited:
Some of the stuff ditched in my quest to shed weight earlier this year is creeping back in...
Clothes airer
Huge pan - we use for one dish only ?

Now youve reminded me I will be on the lookout ahead of our trip to France next week
K ;)

I know it’s been posted before but I can’t remember so how do you go about calibrating the weight of your van?

not sure exactly what you mean there is a metallic looking plate on your vehicle giving chassis no total weight train weight ( trailer) etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back