Welsh Hope

If it's like the North Wales scheme ....expect no overnighting signs and enforcement in other wild spots on the back of it .

Expensive at £10 a night ( I expect it will go up once approved) and no services.

Pity spelt title wrong ...oh well ti's early 😵‍💫
I fixed the title for you.

I posted about this over in the other forum and It is a small concession from a council that is renowned for being anti-motorhome.

Note that the Goodwick car park is the one that is a stone's throw from the Fishguard/Rosslare ferry. It's a very large gravelled area with no marked bays but pleasant enough being next to the beach. It's very popular with those leaving or arriving on the ferry. This includes not only motorhomes (we have stopped over a couple of times) but also truckers who rock up at 3am with their refrigeration units running. We can't complain though because currently the car park is free. Are the council going to install the infrastructure to collect parking fees and will they start charging the truckers and local dog walkers?

That'll go down like a lead balloon.

How much would you pay for parking during the day?
As an example of how much councils can charge and don’t quote caravan regulations to up their prices, Bury st Edmunds has 5 exclusive motorhome places in one of their car parks, daytime charge is the same as cars at £2:30 and overnight charge is £1.

£10 a night won’t be coming out of my pocket to park on a car park !
No facilities great where will everybody leave their crap ! RIP OFF BRITAIN
just returned from Spain and France where they respect motorhomes and actually look after us not just see us as a cash cow

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back