What 3 words stopovers .

Sonar

On face book there is a new group It’s just started and there so I have been told quite a bit of information on maybe lesser known stopovers.
All very easy to find on a what 3 words app.

Called

What3words campervan & motorhome wild camping and stop overs

Some may find this is another tool in the stopover toolkit .
But only if you have Facebook.
I have no connection to This group whatsoever . I am just passing on some possible information .. in fact I don’t even have a Facebook account.

On face book there is a new group It’s just started and there so I have been told quite a bit of information on maybe lesser known stopovers.
All very easy to find on a what 3 words app.

Called

What3words campervan & motorhome wild camping and stop overs

Some may find this is another tool in the stopover toolkit .
But only if you have Facebook.
I have no connection to This group whatsoever . I am just passing on some possible information .. in fact I don’t even have a Facebook account.
Thank you

I can’t see the vast majority of spoon feds contributing much to that group, far too complicated for the average FB user. I bet like the thousands of similar groups, it will predominantly be lazy people asking for suggested stops without even the decency to say please let alone thank you. For many of those even searching the group for identical previous questions will be too much effort.

I can’t see the vast majority of spoon feds contributing much to that group, far too complicated for the average FB user. I bet like the thousands of similar groups, it will predominantly be lazy people asking for suggested stops without even the decency to say please let alone thank you. For many of those even searching the group for identical previous questions will be too much effort.
Thats what’s happing now.

There have even been a few that have joined then decided to ask what the three word sites for …

We dropped out as there was just a lot of look what we have got and a few images of who knows where as they usually have no reference to the what 3 words app Or in fact the purpose or the group to start with.

I thought as an early adopter that’s it was going to be a great site . But . As many including what 3 words site will with out doubt be full of spam and and scams. And a whole crap load of advertising.

They announced today that it is changing its status to private within next few days probably due to spammers etc

Unfair and ill considered reply that , spoken as a face book and MESSENGER user ,

Unfair and ill considered reply that , spoken as a face book and MESSENGER user ,
For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists:

I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

And it works just like Facebook. I already have 4 people following me: 2 police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists:

I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

And it works just like Facebook. I already have 4 people following me: 2 police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
I'm curious as to what your generation is, considering your opening gambit?
I assume you're relatively young, as most I know who are in their twenties, thirties etc (including my two daughters who are both in their late thirties) seem to consider that Facebook is for 'the olds', and they stick to TikTok etc.
Yes, I use Facebook a fair amount, being an 'old' (nearly 71), and have been subscribed to that w3w page pretty much since it started, and yes, there are a lot of people that join it not knowing what w3w is, ask slightly daft questions, and subsequently are helped or just drop out - and that's all fine.
Facebook is just another form of social media, like this forum is.
Everyone is free to take it or leave it (and you obviously leave it - leading me to think maybe you are a 'young').
I could be totally wrong of course...

I'm curious as to what your generation is, considering your opening gambit?
I assume you're relatively young, as most I know who are in their twenties, thirties etc (including my two daughters who are both in their late thirties) seem to consider that Facebook is for 'the olds', and they stick to TikTok etc.
Yes, I use Facebook a fair amount, being an 'old' (nearly 71), and have been subscribed to that w3w page pretty much since it started, and yes, there are a lot of people that join it not knowing what w3w is, ask slightly daft questions, and subsequently are helped or just drop out - and that's all fine.
Facebook is just another form of social media, like this forum is.
Everyone is free to take it or leave it (and you obviously leave it - leading me to think maybe you are a 'young').
I could be totally wrong of course...
Wrong 72

My wife has FB on ph and i have it on pc, very handy for buying & selling goods, we dont use the social bit.
That's the last thing (buying) I'd use it for, personally.
The level of scammery (I probably made that word up) is frightening.

Back