What Motorhome would you recommend for a family of 5

Geraldine

Mandies daughter is thinking of trying out motorhoming. 1st they plan to rent one with a view of buying should it meet with their requirements.
1) What model should they be looking at?
2) Anyone know of a good rental company?

Family is made up of two adults.1 boy aged 11, 1 girl aged 9 and baby 7 months.
Any thoughts or ideas would be grateful received.
Many thanks. David

I would look at either one with bunk beds, usually a six berth, or a British conversion with rear kitchen usually accommodates five, though probably more cramped.
Don't forget that though they may have the sleeping capacity, they don't all have the number of seatbelts to match.

When we Motorhomed with 3 kids we had a Sunlight A69 which had bunk beds and large over cab double and a convertible dinette.
The rear bathroom had a raised floor which gave us a large enough “garage” for all the outside furniture etc required by a family of 5 for a holiday.
Not many vans have isofix fixings for child seats in the back which may be an issue for the youngest.
Not sure what the budget is when buying but Iteneo who are part of Rapido produce some excellent family vans including an A class with a separate children’s bedroom.
Where are they looking to rent?

When we Motorhomed with 3 kids we had a Sunlight A69 which had bunk beds and large over cab double and a convertible dinette.
The rear bathroom had a raised floor which gave us a large enough “garage” for all the outside furniture etc required by a family of 5 for a holiday.
Not many vans have isofix fixings for child seats in the back which may be an issue for the youngest.
Not sure what the budget is when buying but Iteneo who are part of Rapido produce some excellent family vans including an A class with a separate children’s bedroom.
Where are they looking to rent?

Thank you for the above info.
We all live on the south coast but can travel. So rental or loan of would be better down this way just for convenience.
Cheers.

Mandies daughter is thinking of trying out motorhoming. 1st they plan to rent one with a view of buying should it meet with their requirements.
1) What model should they be looking at?
2) Anyone know of a good rental company?

Family is made up of two adults.1 boy aged 11, 1 girl aged 9 and baby 7 months.
Any thoughts or ideas would be grateful received.
Many thanks. David
My first motor home was a self build Comer Luton bodied van Double over the cab, Table went down into a double and a bunk either side still enabling us to use the cooker, sink and toilet. Didn't have seat belts for any of the little ones, thank God we all survived. I remember most how it rocked a lot

Call me anti-social but I'd suggest getting a MH for you and the missus and drag a caravan behind you for the young ones! I can just about tolerate 'er indoors' snoring for a night or two... another 4 people tossing and turning in a confined space would put the tin lid on it for me :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back