What tyres .

Mr and Mrs Tupcox

Looking for new tyres for the van.
Goodrich all terrain..
My set on van are Continental 225 75 16 r116.
So which do i what to replace them as Goodrich only do r115.but looking at load index they can take 1240kg per tyre so x4.=4960 kg
And van is 3500kg max.

Goodrich all terrain..
So which do i what to replace them as Goodrich only do r115.but looking at load index they can take 1240kg per tyre so x4.=4960 kg
And van is 3500kg max.
Check the individual axle weights not all wheels. If 1240kg per tyre that will do axles up to 2480Kgs, if your axles are that or under the load rating is fine. If any axle is more than that then they aren't.

I’ve gone for ordinary van tyres this time, almost half the price of camper ones as I was very disappointed that cracking advisories appeared on first mot at 3 years although two lasted 7 years as only advisories.
Just replaced b4 a big Europe trip to be safe.

Goodrich all terrain..
And van is 3500kg max.
I've had goodrich all terrain for over 5 year now and not had a problem with them ok bit noisy at about 45 mph but ok on the 70mph .When I bought mine they where only 120 quid a corner but I see there are close to 200 quid now OUCH lol

Goodrich all terrain..
And van is 3500kg max.
Bought mine from here last year price included fitting at your local garage. I bought all weather tyres this time

I've just fitted new tyres. I bought the camper a month ago and noticed cracking in the treads. Looked at the date of manufacture in the ovals moulded into the side walls and found they were over ten years old, though with lots of tread. I looked on the internet and found prices of between £89 and over £150. I went to my favourite small tyre shop and they said budget ones at £75 or expensive ones? They said I must have tyres at least rated to well above the camper weight but otherwise they are all good. I opted for the £75 budget ones on the basis of the fact that I will never do enough mileage to wear them out, and they have a load rating of 1150kg per tyre. I have a Pollensa, 3300kg MGW and 5.7mtr long so it's not a big van.
I don't think there's any point buying £200 tyres if you are only doing 5000 or so miles a year.

Another thumbs up for BFGoodrich AT, you will notice a drop in mpg though.

I’ve gone for ordinary van tyres this time, almost half the price of camper ones as I was very disappointed that cracking advisories appeared on first mot at 3 years although two lasted 7 years as only advisories.
Just replaced b4 a big Europe trip to be safe.
Bridgestone Duravis would be my choice

The guy who has supplied me with tyres for many years reckons these fancy campervan tyres etc. are just a way of screwing more money out of the punters.

My last van came with Bridgestone Duravis light van tyres 15 years ago & the rear ones are still on there with a fair amount of tread although the van's done over 90,000 miles, mainly in Southern Europe & Morocco not sure of the actual figure as the speedo sensor packed up!

My new van is shod with Continental campervan tyres, I wonder how long they will last??

The guy who has supplied me with tyres for many years reckons these fancy campervan tyres etc. are just a way of screwing more money out of the punters.

My last van came with Bridgestone Duravis light van tyres 15 years ago & the rear ones are still on there with a fair amount of tread although the van's done over 90,000 miles, mainly in Southern Europe & Morocco not sure of the actual figure as the speedo sensor packed up!

My new van is shod with Continental campervan tyres, I wonder how long they will last??
Our new van has continental on,, blood awfull on grass ...I'll probably get stuck this weekend in the new forest.

My last van came with Bridgestone Duravis light van tyres 15 years ago & the rear ones are still on there with a fair amount of tread although the van's done over 90,000 miles,
Mines the same and also still on the rear inspected every year not a crack in sight

Asda by far the best price but they also have a £50 off special offer . They say I'm not eligible but , obviously , questioning this

Asda by far the best price but they also have a £50 off special offer . They say I'm not eligible but , obviously , questioning this
The reason you are not eligible is that you asked for the special offer. That negates your right to the special offer. Of course, if you don't ask for the special offer, you won't get it. . . . . . .

The reason you are not eligible is that you asked for the special offer. That negates your right to the special offer. Of course, if you don't ask for the special offer, you won't get it. . . . . . .
Got it !
I am a dozy fekker

My local supplier did me van X RX quest 10 ply rated to 1400kg X2 each axle, far more than my 3500kg is ever going to be, continental camper tyres were only 6 ply, for just under £100 + vat each

Last edited:
10 ply sounds like Flintstones solid wheels!
In Nigeria that would mean the number of plys you can wear through before reaching the rubber before the inner tube. The inner tube then bulges out through the carcase and the car goes plop plop plop plop and is still good to go. Only when the tyre finally goes bang do you need to stop and have a patch sewn on to the carcase where the inner tube bulged through.I took this photo when I was there. Note the bend in the roof and floor to the rear of the back passenger door. Them Peugeot 504s were brilliant. The just went on and on and on until the floor split. Then they would roll them over and patch a couple of weld spots on the split, roll it back on its wheels and off you jolly well go again.
Rusty banger.jpeg

10 ply sounds like Flintstones solid wheels!
In Nigeria that would mean the number of plys you can wear through before reaching the rubber before the inner tube. The inner tube then bulges out through the carcase and the car goes plop plop plop plop and is still good to go. Only when the tyre finally goes bang do you need to stop and have a patch sewn on to the carcase where the inner tube bulged through.I took this photo when I was there. Note the bend in the roof and floor to the rear of the back passenger door. Them Peugeot 504s were brilliant. The just went on and on and on until the floor split. Then they would roll them over and patch a couple of weld spots on the split, roll it back on its wheels and off you jolly well go again.
View attachment 72778
My dad bought those at 1 or 2 year intervals. We even had the first 404 family estate 7 seater in England when they were released.
They were all in much better Nick than that, coz I cleaned them for him😀😀

Back