WHATDO YOUUSE TO STOP/REMOVE SRTEAKING ON THE VAN

The laird

Rally Organiser

Tried various things fenwicks,lemon ,lightly rubbed jiff,truck wash to no great success ,any tips greatly accepted !

Even if you want you can come and show me ,I’m not shy on that??

Depends what it is, but I have two products that I used to use for that - if one doesn't work, the other usally does.

Autosmart TARDIS
Autosmart G101 (this is likely the one that will do it)
both the above are paint-friendly.

I guess if you want to take the risk, Thinner or Panel Wipe (same thing as Thinners) would work but can be a bit aggressive so - IMO - is the last option to try.

i have used elbow grease by astonish only £1 in home bargains spray it on and use a brush to work it in the pimples

Do you mean the black streaks that run down from handles/grills and stuff Gordon? I tried Triplewax Shake & Shine a while back and found it got rid of all those streaks... as well as giving it a good shine. You have to use a microfibre cloth and do a bit at a time - wax on, wax off kid - and it kept the streaks at bay for ages.

AND do the cleaning very regularly...
I do a bit of cleaning most days..when we use the MoHo
A suitable spray and a microfibre cloth sometimes a kitchen dishwashing sponge with a rough side.
The roof is the big problem !

Leave 'em, striped vans look good

Never had success with this as the hymer has a pimple effect body
I use Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner as recommended in the Fenwicks YouTube series starting at this video. The big thing is to ensure that window frames, door handles, etc. are all cleaned until they no longer streak. I don't use Bobby Dazzler as I've found a better product (Greased Lightning Showroom Shine) to polish the (now clean) bodywork. It needs doing once a year (takes me all day) and then I go over a bit with Greased Lightning each time I have some spare time when camping (ten minutes or so per section). That said, I store the van where I don't have a water supply, so I've got to use a method that is economical with water. HTH, Geoff

The aerosol cans " bumper shine" ( or whatever) from the pound shop worked better that the more expensive " back to black" and others for removing those horrible light grey streaks from the black/ grey bumpers. Got to keep doing them mind but they do give good results. ( don't ask how much they cost eh?).

K ;)

The aerosol cans " bumper shine" ( or whatever) from the pound shop worked better that the more expensive " back to black" and others for removing those horrible light grey streaks from the black/ grey bumpers. Got to keep doing them mind but they do give good results. ( don't ask how much they cost eh?).

K ;)
An option for dealing with Black Bumpers going grey and horrible is the heat gun :)
I did my 15 year old VW T4s Bumpers and it lasted at least until the time I sold it nearly a year later.

Wow that is an amazing transformation! I cannot wait for the weather to improve so I can get out there and do mine.

Thanks

K ;)

Tried the heat gun, it was time consuming but the results were good.---------For a few months and then it looked even worse. I bought a couple of cans of plastic primer and a couple of cans of plastic black paint and although I need to touch it up on occasions, the job is brilliant. That said though, if you still wish to try the hot gun method, pm me and you are welcome to my ' used only once' heat gun--seriously

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back