What's Popping Up?

wildebus

After going through the house clearing out stuff we don't really need, as well as finding stuff forgotten even had, time to start checking out what is in the sheds which is either wanted or need to get rid of.

Few weeks ago checked out my Diving wetsuit and found the mice had decided to make a meal of bits of the neoprene so that rather expensive bit of equipment ended up in the bin :(
Today checking out gazebos and tents .... Posting this is case anyone is looking at Gazebo options - they can get a good idea of what these Screenhouse type ones are about :)

First off is the Screenhouse 6. This is a 6 sided 3M x 3M pop-up Gazebo which I used to use at Festivals instead of the very bulky 3M x 4.5M framed Marquee.

Screenhouse 6 by David, on Flickr
These are great pop-ups and genuinely take just minutes to get erected.
The panels are a fine mesh which allows airflow into the gazebo but stops bugs coming in and also too much wind.
I have the side panels with this which act as barriers and screens against rain and also provides privacy (the back wall I have fitted the panel to as an example. This photo shows the panel in position - It clips into place in all 4 corners and a hole in the middle that allows the centre strap to go throughto peg down if needed, plus velco on the roof and side panels to secure.

The later Screenhouses like this one has roof trims on the sides that the side panels go under - this makes any rain stay on the outside of the panel and keeps the inner mesh dry.

At the front you have a pair of mesh panels that can be zipped together to close up the Screenhouse

Or tied back to make the front nice and open

Something that was mentioned on a thread about a Screenhouse for sale was security. Now none of these kind of products are secure against a thief with a stanley knife, but what you can do to deter the casual opportunist is zip up the doors if you are leaving unattended for a while and put a little padlock on the three zippers so no one can just pull the zip down and step inside.

So the Screenhouse 6 all up and looking good. Time to move onto the Screenhouse 4+4 ...

The Screenhouse 4+4 is by Quest, the same as the 6 earlier, and is 6 sided as well, in essence being a pair of Screenhouse 4s sewn together (although each panel is actually taller and wider than the Screenhouse 4 panel.

Screenhouse 4+4 by David, on Flickr

I bought this to use instead of the Screenhouse 6 at shows as it would allow me to have a more secure area for stock and for a 'meeting space' if discussing van builds and electrics, but since buying the 4+4 I don't do the shows any more as a Trader, so putting the 6 and the 4+4 up together will give me an chance to see which one suits us best for pure leisure use.
Features are pretty well the same for both, although I don't have any panels for the 4+4 yet as they don't appear to have actually produced any yet! (and the Screenhouse 4 panels are slightly too small, as are the Screenhouse 6 ones, to fit the 4+4)

It is a little slower to erect the 4+4 due to its double apex roof, but not to any real degree. Put it this way .. I took a photo of the Screenhouse 6 at 11:19. I then went to the 4+4 bag, unpacked it, moved it to the position on the lawn, put up the 4+4, fitted the poles (you have upright poles and a side pole around the door opening), and then took a photo of the erected Screenhouse 4+4 at 11:30, so just 10 minutes to unpack and pop-up.

PS. In case anyone is looking at the photos and wondering why there is a odd-looking patch of long grass in the middle of the lawn, this is there for a very specific reason - that reason being in this picture if any one can spot it?
IMG_20220710_114801_4.jpg

Ow much? T'would help, we may be interested.

Hi David, if oppy is not interested I may well be, depending on price.

Hi David, if oppy is not interested I may well be, depending on price.
Hi,
I did not actually post this to try and sell anything. It was just a bit of a review of the Screenhouses for anyone looking generally at pop-up gazebos and to consider the Screenhouse ones as they are, IMO, one of the best on the market. (after spending years going to VW festiva!s and trading, you get to see in use a lot of different options and pick up on the ones to avoid and ones to consider).

Having said that, my Screenhouse 6 probably is surplus to requirements now I have the 4+4 so might have to look to see what it is worth?

Today's task is unpacking the Sprayway Valley 6 Polycotton tent and seeing what that is like... That has been packed away for 12 years and was basically new when we put it away :(
It was a lovely tent but too big and heavy for just 2 of us. (Put out the groundsheet yesterday to check that (still perfect) and the ground it covers was much bigger than I remembered!)

Not sure how much used Framed tents go for now with the trend for the quick blowup ones? Probably not enough to make it worthwhile selling (I could instead repurpose the tent to cut up to make side panels for the Screenhouse 4+4, and that could be cheaper than buying suitable new material to make the panels with, but cutting up possibly a perfectly good, quality, tent that cost nearly £500 seems such a shame :( )

Thanks for your review David 🤣
I'll be keeping an eye out for one in the future 👍
They must be good, two potential buyers and it's not for sale🤣

Reactions: Rec

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back