Whats Your BBQ

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

I love having a BBQ when out and about , I mainly use a charcoal grill as I love the taste of chargrill . What do you use and why ? charcoal-3562584__340.jpg

Preference is Webber Kettle with lump wood charcoal, when we can get it.

But we sometimes travel with the Cadac, especially if space is scarce and travelling to countries that sometimes don’t allow coals. Bugger to clean and food taste not as good.

Cadac carry chef in the van but got a nice 4 burner job for house
Got fed up with charcoal .(cause I’m worth it)???

Last edited:
We got a Cadac Safari Chef in a Go Outdoors sale a couple of years ago. Whilst this always travels with us we also use it at home (except when the family are around when we use a 3 burner Cadac). Tempted to go back to charcoal at home as the flavour is better.

I sort have 2 , first I carry a small gas stove, the one with it's own gas container, on which I use the griddle pan. This is useful when there are you the two of us and we want a couple of steaks, chops, burgers or fish and don't want the mess in the van.
I also have a folding charcoal bbq in which I tend to use the bags you just light the whole thing so it's very much like a disposable bbq but you can use it as a small fire pit as well.
As you can see I'm not into the whole bbq ritual, I tend to just want to cook a few thins outside, also space is at a premium so what ever I carry has to be small and preferably dual purpose.

I have a Webber 'suitcase' BBQ and also a Bucket BBQ I very rarely use garage charcoal and prefer to use specific wood varieties-expensive but worth it especially when grilling expensive meat and game.
Weber-Go-Anywhere-Charcoal-Grill.jpg

I have a Cobb bbq packs up small. Has accessories such as fry dish for curry and stews, fry pan for eggs, and the normal drain away top.
I can cook with Cobb cobblestones but they are expensive. Normal briquettes work just as well.
It’s relatively smokeless, but you can put wood chips in too or liquid in the moat to keep the meat moist.

We got a Cadac and like it, flavour seems better but not sure why unless it’s because I put the lid on while cooking

Ha ha, we just got a call from Chelston Motorhome’s to say we have won a ‘Luxury BBQ Set’ in the raffle. Thought for a minute they wanted us to turn round and go back for it but they are posting it. So.... we may have another to post about shortly :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back