What's your job ?

Jack Alfie

I know many of you are retired, but for those unfortunate people who still have to work what's your job ?
I'm currently a HGV Driver soon to semi retire
I was forced to Retire last year on September 14th 2018 after 49 years on the railway because the company I worked for would not let me work beyond pensionable age ,after 2 days Retirement on September 17th I received an offer which was suitable to me as I wanted to keep working part time and go away as much as possible in my motor home .Last year I spent four weeks around Spain and in April/May this year I had 5 weeks in Europe .I leave the UK again on September 1 for 5 weeks mainly in Poland Czech Republic and Germany. 18,000 miles In two years and enjoying every minute of it .Always meeting new people and everyone so helpful and giving advice ,best investment ever is the motor home .well my train is waiting ,I'm driving a freight train from Carlisle to Doncaster over the
ettle and Carlisle route with breath taking views .and I see many motor homes parked at beauty spots on the way and always give a Toot on the horn and a wave .keep all the interesting stories coming in

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)