Whats your thoughts on removing the graphics from your van

Lee

Rally Organiser

I have removed a couple from ours as they were getting old and faded.
Linda thinks I should replace them but I'm not sure it makes any significant difference to the look of the van.

Mine are all faded and I thought about getting them replaced and then I shook my head really hard and came to my senses, buying a new hob instead as this one is old and not working as it should.

Yes you would need to tee cut the van to remove colour change maybe or a professional polish.

Dont want to remove any of ours but I do want to add some extras when I find somewhere handy to do them but want them fitting as well as the6 will be wonky otherwise

Just google or look up Commercial Vehicle Graphics in your immediate area, or contact Commercial Vehicle painters.
Just google or look up Commercial Vehicle Graphics in your immediate area, or contact Commercial Vehicle painters.
Yes Graham I keep meaning to give the people who do our works vans a ring as they are highly recommended

While the van is still new I am tempted to remove the "MOTORHOME" stickers. I like to be stealthy, although the down side to that is nobody waves :cry:

On my Euramobil, one side has cracked graphics. I visited Euramobil factory, done the tour and purchased a complete side set to replace the cracked ones. It will be a job for the spring in 2019.
Will a heat gun bring off the old graphics?
I would be grateful for any advice from anyone that has done this before. TIA

Dave

On my Euramobil, one side has cracked graphics. I visited Euramobil factory, done the tour and purchased a complete side set to replace the cracked ones. It will be a job for the spring in 2019.

Dave

I used a heatgun, then cleaned up with lighter fluid afterwards and before fixing new ones.

We have just had to have a complete respray on our Adria Twin as the original top coat (white) was not bonded to the primer so came off in great patches revealing the yellow primer. I got a quote of only £225 + vat from an Adria dealer for a complete new set, but have not bothered as we think it looks more discreet when we are wild camping. We have only had 1 instance of a Farmer giving us the once over when parked up he probably thought we might have been rustlers, so we are again reconsidering if we refit them.:unsure:

Dave
The trick with the heatgun is to get the vinyl at just the right temp to pull away. Too little and it is brittle and snaps, especially with old graphics. Too much and it just stretches and breaks (and the hot plastic can burn your fingers).
Get the sweetspot and it takes just minutes to do :)

We have just had to have a complete respray on our Adria Twin as the original top coat (white) was not bonded to the primer so came off in great patches revealing the yellow primer. I got a quote of only £225 + vat from an Adria dealer for a complete new set, but have not bothered as we think it looks more discreet when we are wild camping. We have only had 1 instance of a Farmer giving us the once over when parked up he probably thought we might have been rustlers, so we are again reconsidering if we refit them.:unsure:
You should not have a motorhome that looks like a cattle truck from a distance. New stickers make it look like it is,, My Chausson had all the stickers off, then I polished it to sameness, but it looked like a Prison van in all beige , so I had to make up a new set from bits off Ebay, mixed and matched to look nice.

I also have an Adria twin with paint not bonded. Was told 2007 was a bad year and not done properly and so will need full respray. Will be looking for quotes. What did your respray cost? Where did you have it done? Thanks.

I also have an Adria twin with paint not bonded. Was told 2007 was a bad year and not done properly and so will need full respray. Will be looking for quotes. What did your respray cost? Where did you have it done? Thanks.
That will be why Del has a few patches then as well

That will be why Del has a few patches then as well
I was also told that fiat chose to have the painting done in Spain instead of Italy that year but reverted to Italy as paint jobs so bad and lots of complaints. I got mine second hand and couldn’t get anything ack on guarantees as the problem too a few hears to show. Had the roof resprayed a couple of years ago but problems above front windscreen already coming back.

I was also told that fiat chose to have the painting done in Spain instead of Italy that year but reverted to Italy as paint jobs so bad and lots of complaints. I got mine second hand and couldn’t get anything back on guarantees as the problem took a few years to show. Had the roof resprayed a couple of years ago but problems above front windscreen already coming back.

While the van is still new I am tempted to remove the "MOTORHOME" stickers. I like to be stealthy, although the down side to that is nobody waves :cry:
I would be happy to have no waves . For me the more anonymous the better . Will be looking for price to respray , preferably dowdy grey .
Anybody have rough idea of respray price for pvc ?

I used a toffee wheel attachment in a drill to remove some tatty graphics on a MH, worked really well. 45536

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back