Wheel arch repair

Winks

On the way to Dent yesterday I met a flat bed with a wide flat trailer in a narrow part of the road and I lost.

Nothing too big, just a lump out of the rear wheel arch which is fibreglass. I’ll try to put some pictures on here but I do remember a highly regarded repair shop somewhere darn sarf and my brain cell seems to think they would do stuff via courier. If anyone can point me in the right direction or suggest somewhere near to home ( Barrow-in-Furness). 43BFEB5C-0417-4258-BCCC-27C7BA75AA33.jpegB3B2DEE2-A001-4323-BF13-2D4C65DE8082.jpegD08D3687-9232-46FC-8EA1-9BEA78D9AE6B.jpeg

Cheers

H

It’s the one on Canvey Island but can’t recall their name

Oh bad luck :(
Same as Nabs, I've heard nothing but good things about the Canvey Island place... I think it's A W Marine but someone will put me right if that's not it.

Are you looking to replace the whole wheel arch or do you just want to repair. I know a chap who has a business doing fibreglass moulds and repairs, his father also has a lot of experience to. They are called Fibre Moulds and are located a Croston near Leyland.

Got an email back from AW. they have even given a price of £295 including delivery. They have not done these before so I’d have to send the one from the other side and they would have to create new moulds. Seems not too bad.

Cheers

H

Got an email back from AW. they have even given a price of £295 including delivery. They have not done these before so I’d have to send the one from the other side and they would have to create new moulds. Seems not too bad.

Cheers

H
He did my side skirt and fixed my rear bumper and I would not hesitate to recommend Anton his father and his son a cracking family business.

Hi H, a couple years back i seen an over cab front get crunched in at a garage in dalton and they got it repaired lovely could not see where the damage had been ,it was up behind the shoe factory ,jon

Hi H, a couple years back i seen an over cab front get crunched in at a garage in dalton and they got it repaired lovely could not see where the damage had been ,it was up behind the shoe factory ,jon

Thanks for that Jon. I know where you mean on Long Lane off the top of Mill Brow. I’ll drop in tomorrow on the way home from Dent.

Cheers

H

Well,on the way home today I saw the bit that was broken off lying in the road, albeit in a slightly mangled state. Got a quote of £120 to repair and re spray if I take it off the van.

Cheers

H

Last edited:
Fix that in my workshop for £50 in one day.
i have always been to cheap which explains why im not loaded as yet.?
Bet the cost of a ferry may throw a curve ball though lol. If it wasn’t for that I could nip over for a full service :)

Almost good as new :)

We’ll see how this lad does. He’s preparing an MGB for showing at the Cumbria Steam Gathering at the end of the month so he is in the workshop every day for a while at least.

Cheers

H

We’ll see how this lad does. He’s preparing an MGB for showing at the Cumbria Steam Gathering at the end of the month so he is in the workshop every day for a while at least.

Cheers

H
Sounds good to me, anyone a bit handy with fibreglass should be able to do a good job and on the doorstep ?

I had to repair mine that same way after I caught a French bunde protector pole with it. It was annoying but easily done and the paint match was the worst bit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back