Which motorhome insurance company do you use and why?

Admin

Administator

Which motorhome insurance company do you use and why?

I use AIB insurance because they get me a cheaper deal than other brokers and because of the support they offer our community.

What about you?

Safeguard because they offer me the cover that I require at a competitive premium. Their paperwork is straightforward and accurate. I used AIB last year and vowed never again: paperwork appalling and potential extra charges left, right and centre.

Reactions: GMJ
We switched to AIB last year, and paid a small fortune extra premium to be able to spend 270 days pa in Europe. Then life got in the way, so we'll need to revert to 180 days pa maximum.

Steve

I am with and have been with Scenic Motorhome Insurance for years, the reason being that their prices are very reasonable, every single person I have ever spoken to there knows what they are talking about and most I have spoken to actually understand the mindset of a self builder like me!! They are part of Swinton.
As for overseas cover, they have always been superb and their charges very low.

I once phoned AIB and found them to be so exceptionally off handish that I vowed never to speak to them ever again!!

Until you need to claim or use the Company for Help you won't know how good an Insurance Company are, so do we know who has had the unfortunate need to find out.

My broker is Adrian Flux but the insurer is
Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited - West Bay Insurance PLC

I went with them because they were low cost and included free legal. In March I was surprised that renewal price was £3.50 lower this year than last.

We were insured with LV when our motorhome was stolen. As someone said earlier in this chat, you don't know how good they are till you claim. Well LV were superb, gave us full market value for our motorhome. They found an identical model for sale and based on the sale price gave us the amount in full. With regards to contents I listed every item, stated it's age and replacement cost ....a very lengthy process. This included tools, chairs, quilts, crockery, cutlery etc. etc. My total for value of contents worked out to almost £3000 (which surprised me). They gave me £2400. This was acceptable and better than I hoped. I have no hesitation in recommending LV=.
We have our car and house insurance now with LV= and this means we get a discount. Quotes were competitive with others I tried.

Well that's it then as I said in post #5 looks like it will be LV for me nxt month , thanks for the Post Wrighpm .

Aib for many years now great service and very very helpful staff,always had competitive quotes so much so thebinlaws have home ins from Darren's team.
nothing has ever been a trouble to them
hope they keep up the great service esp the overseas stuff etc

Well that's it then as I said in post #5 looks like it will be LV for me nxt month , thanks for the Post Wrighpm .
No worries - as my wife pointed out we also have travel insurance with LV. Also had to claim on that (for 1st time ever) when I was hospitalised in Greece with a leg infection. I did lose the £100 excess but this was balanced with £50 per night for 3 nights in hospital. Prescriptions and even my wife's taxi fares were covered when she had to several 24 mile round trip taxi journeys to visit me. I did not need to use the re-patriation service as I recovered in time for my flight home. But felt very well looked after throughout.
Oh and for the MH theft claim I kept my NCD and my premium remained competitive at renewal

LV cheaper than anyone for like cover, I don't want breakdown or legal as I already have it and prefer to choose my own, car is also with LV.

AIB quote was too high.

Seen no posts on claims off AIB / Senic / or Flux so LV Winning for me at the mo .I do have the Home & Contents Cover with LV at the mo so Van & Car Cover could be going with them too

I’m also with LV.
When I left the Welsh valleys and moved in with my new partner in Welshpool they increased the premium by £20.
Buying a house together back in the Welsh valleys (a different village) AND including my partner as a named driver they adjusted the premium again….a £30 reduction.
Renewal this year gave a further reduction on last year’s premium.
Good to read post #8

hi guys . its all right saying how good your insurance is non of you have said HOW much you pay only me . we or i need to know to compare as mine is up for renewal . cheyenne P.S don't take this the wrong way please

Safeguard for me after a bad experience with AIB. Easy to deal with and they do what they promise!

Was with Comfort for a number of years but then their premiums started to go silly.

I use NFU because they reward loyalty and as a customer you get a share of the profits. They don’t do year 1 big discounts to get your business and then stuff it up subsequently to get their money back. Last year my insurance went down not up.

Have used AIB for the first time due to cover and great price, down side when calling to check that I have repatriation on breakdown if needed ( they forgot to send any documentation ) I spent two and a half hours being passed to and fro then line dropped three maybe four times when it was finally resoved i did feel sorry for the operator that took the call as they got the full bore rant. Im dreading if I ever have to use them in an emergency.

We have been with LV for the last three years. Far cheaper than elsewhere when combined with car. No claims so no experience there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back