Which Satellite Dish

Would you have to pay for ITV if a VPN was used Terry?
It is hit and miss with VPN's in my opinion Rog, even using a VPN here in the UK and setting it to London ITV blocks it, I have just tried it now with IPVanish and this is the result, as soon as I turned the VPN off I could watch it

Itv with a vpn.jpg

I have watched all the stations without a VPN in the past using a 3 sim

Going for High Def when streaming will use a lot more data and may not be that better viewing on a smallish screen?

According to Netflix HD can use upto 3GB per hour compared to 1GB for SD

Regards,
Del

Yes - so you need a good signal and a generous data package.

Again for Netflix you need speeds of at least 3Mbps for SD and 5Mbps for HD

Regards,
Del

It does need internet but I've found over the last couple of years that it's getting better and better and on the occassions I don't have any internet I watch something of my external HDD and I very rarely watch anything in the summer months. Sky are moving to streaming themselves and if you have Sky Q you're actually streaming to the other rooms from the main box and as home internet gets faster and more available across the country it makes sense for them to go the streaming route. They have Sky NOW which is a streaming service and they also have their Sky Go app which is available for the Firestick now. New housing estates around Shropshire aren't allowing Sky dishes to be installed so Sky have a large communal dish for those developments so the cost savings by streaming would be pretty good.
If you have never had any problems getting finding the satellite then your best keeping it, I on the other hand did have problems finding a satellite in some remote parts of Wales and Shropshire but got a decent mobile signal (even the Sky installer struggled at the bungalow I used rent in Telford). I also use a Apeman projector so I save on power as this is 5v USB powered like the Anker Soundcore speaker and Firestick so I can run it all of one of my Anker powerbanks :) I also have a pretty good mobile router setup in the van since going full time.

Regards,
Del
how do you get sky go on the fire stick when I last tried it was blocked or have they changed it?

how do you get sky go on the fire stick when I last tried it was blocked or have they changed it?
Not sure, I've never tried it I just searched it on Amazon and my link is what came up sorry.

Regards,
Del

Not sure, I've never tried it I just searched it on Amazon and my link is what came up sorry.

Regards,
Del
Okay I've just tried to install it and after downloading it says it's not suitable for my Firestick and on loooking at the link in my original post while logged into Amazon I can now see on the righthand side it says that it's not compatible :(

Regards,
Del

Okay I've just tried to install it and after downloading it says it's not suitable for my Firestick and on loooking at the link in my original post while logged into Amazon I can now see on the righthand side it says that it's not compatible :(

Regards,
Del
I have just checked it Del and it says it is compatible with the Fire HD 8 Tablets that we have but as you say not with anything else, I bought two when they were on offer but I don't subscribe to Sky so for me it is a Sky no Go :ROFLMAO:
Sky Go.jpgcompatible devices.jpg

If you have a router you can connect the Firestick using ethernet with this lead and this hub, this is the setup I use but there are cheaper hubs that should work, eliminates the poor wifi signal and you can watch stuff off your memory stick or external HDD.

Regards,
Del
del were are you ruffly.ok pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back