Whittingham & Goosnargh Social Club, Campsite , Thursday 23rd September , 5 Nights

Whittingham & Goosnargh Social Club, Campsite , Thursday 23rd September , 5 Nights
Posted by jeffmossy
Whittingham & Goosnargh Sports And Social Club
Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 10:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
If you are going on the field then as things stand small firepits on legs are allowed, we have got a meeting with the developers on Thursday so be aware things could change, but I can't see it changing for this weekend
is there any room left fro 2 in motor home on friday and sat jeff please

Hi Jeff Could you fit a little one in just for thursday night, please? I have to be home for friday so cannot stay the weekend.

Hi there, quick update, I’m running a day late, still coming but can’t make it till Friday sadly, hope that’s ok as did originally hope to arrive Thursday!! Happy to still pay for the 5 nights..

home safe jeff got to costco leicester with 10 mls showing + 1/2 hr que for fuel i drove like an old man lol the reassurance of the spare 5 ltrs you lent me took the stress away thanks also for a lovely meet great location & some lovely ale

We got Home ok too had enough fuel to go straight home in one hit 3 and a bit hours the motorway services heading north all seemed to have fuel the more so the further north you got. Loved this new venue at goosnargh. We had a great weekend and enjoyed the atmosphere think this was as near as normal a meet up that we’ve had in the last couple of years. Jeff s meets always have that good vibe about them you could actually feel that people were relaxed and enjoying themselves and each other’s company. Well done Jeff and Lorraine thanks to Trotter for his part in helping out and thanks to Phil for making it all happen.

Last edited:
We arrived home around lunch time having left a day early, but thanks young Jeff for a wonderful meet (as usual!) and even if I was my usual anti social self, it was lovely to meet up with the usual reprobates and a few new recruits too, oh yes, do tell that Heeland Heathen to slow down when he passes me on the motorway-----herrumph
Thanks again Jeff and the whole team for making it wonderful weekend
Peter & Sue
ps, I'm still waiting for that pint !!!

Thank to everyone involved with the meet and just want to echo fully on wot he said, cant wait for next chance to get away.
Cheers Jeff,Lorraine and trotter

We really love the new venue as well. It’s such a shame that things are changing in the near future, the present Clubhouse has warmth and character, let’s hope that doesn’t change too much with the new version.
Thanks to Jeff and Lorraine for their enthusiasm and devotion and of course all the hard work involved. Thanks to the International Parking Coordinator for his contribution to organised chaos and for just being there!
Wonderous respect to Doug (Ellendale) for hosting a very entertaining Quiz Night, a super night, enjoyed by all.
The bar staff were all brilliant, so many thanks to each and every one of them, especially Oriel, because nothing was too much trouble for her.
Wonderful to see all the usual happy faces that just make the Meet so enjoyable! Thank you everyone!

Thank you Jeff, Lorrane and Trotter for a lovely weekend at a great venue. I am sorry I missed and others when I left early yesterday. I woke to a feeling of fatigue and thought it better if I went home to catch up with myself after a tiring week in the Lakes followed by our brilliant ( and very social) two nights with everyone at Goosnargh. Not to mention my brother rocking up in his landrover!
I have learned on the horrid treatment I have to take that once I feel farigue coming on I should stop what I am doing and retreat! Milo enjoyed himself too.
Look forward to our next meetup at Goosnargh. Thanks again to everyone and the wondrously chaotic quiz master!
Peter

We had a great time at the new venue, seeing all our mates, meeting new and old friends again, plenty to do around the area including the walks etc. Thanks to the fantastic quiz master, Mr. Trotter the international parking supervisor and Jeff and Lorraine for organising such a great event, looking forward to the next one.
Cheers Reg & Val View attachment 61157
The Goosenaugh ramblers

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back