Who manufactures the best new vans?

I wouldn't recommend Wildax EVER!!!

Jan 17 aurora fixed bed. Total bodge job. Dangerous wiring, dangerous gas, stress crackes in shower tray caused by loo screwed down too. Had to fight to get it replaced.

Absolutely laughable build!

The latest discovered fault...

They used the wrong extension kit with my fiamma thermo vent fan. Broken every year. I was under the impression the extension kit was a consumable. Turns out wildax were using one for an older model. Duh!

When i said i was going to get my thermo vent checked out with fiamma because i thought it odd that its broken annually, Wildax bloke said that there's now a metal extension kit. Rang fiamma (cos I no longer trust wildax) and was told that the metal extension kit was always available & the plastic one (that wildax had used repeatedly) was for the older 40x40 fan.

Wildax are incompetents in my opinion!

I was conned!!!!

Last edited:
Who do you think makes the best vans available today.
I’ve only seen them at shows, but two that I’d nominate are Wingamm https://www.wingamm.com/home/ and moto trek http://www.moto-trek.co.uk/ whose vans are certainly quality finish but possibly at the expense of payload.
Moto trek are made. In Sheffield a couple of Miles from my home I called in for a look .true they are stunning motor homes but was soon put off by their warranties 12 months manufactures and then 2 years insurance warranties .I also asked for a price for Hab service on my auto sleeper £350 ..

Before moto trek moved to Sheffield they were based in Meltham Huddersfield, and were next door to one of my biggest customers and used to see all the people on a daily basis coming back with their faulty motorhomes, especially the coach built ones with the slide out side,
The used to spend hours with the side out and a hose pipe spraying onto the side and them out with the silicone gun,
So they definitely had some sort of design problem on the slide out sides, and many frustrated customers, with some of them having some superb shouting and screaming matches,
But then they haven’t been building motorhomes for long as there main business is building horse boxes, ( equi trek)

I wouldn't recommend Wildax EVER!!!

Jan 17 aurora fixed bed. Total bodge job. Dangerous wiring, dangerous gas, stress crackes in shower tray caused by loo screwed down too. Had to fight to get it replaced.

Absolutely laughable build!

The latest discovered fault...

They used the wrong extension kit with my fiamma thermo vent fan. Broken every year. I was under the impression the extension kit was a consumable. Turns out wildax were using one for an older model. Duh!

When i said i was going to get my thermo vent checked out with fiamma because i thought it odd that its broken annually, Wildax bloke said that there's now a metal extension kit. Rang fiamma (cos I no longer trust wildax) and was told that the metal extension kit was always available & the plastic one (that wildax had used repeatedly) was for the older 40x40 fan.

Wildax are incompetents in my opinion!

I was conned!!!!

I am very sorry to hear abour your experience. Owning the Aurora XL model it has just had its first habitation check and passed with flying colours.
I can only say over my 12 months of ownership and having travelled 9k miles and camped in the UK and Europe the van has been brilliant. I use it as my everyday vehicle and she works perfectly. Not being a techie I cant comment on my wring and gas installation but everything works and was deemed safe.

Hopefully Danny and his team can and should resolve your issues :cry:

I am very sorry to hear abour your experience. Owning the Aurora XL model it has just had its first habitation check and passed with flying colours.
I can only say over my 12 months of ownership and having travelled 9k miles and camped in the UK and Europe the van has been brilliant. I use it as my everyday vehicle and she works perfectly. Not being a techie I cant comment on my wring and gas installation but everything works and was deemed safe.

Hopefully Danny and his team can and should resolve your issues :cry:

I thought so too.....

Last edited:
My only previous experience was with Autotrail. Had a 6 year old Cheyenne, a one year old Dakota and a brand new Cherokee. The oldest was the best and both of the newer ones were disappointing. The brand new Cherokee even had a wardrobe door fall off, amongst other things! We now have a 14 year-old Eldiss and there have been just as many problems, fortunately fixed under warranty! I have heard of problems with Dethleffs and other foreign makes, so it seems as if you must expect problems if you want to be a motorhomer. :cautious:. Having said all that, we still love to get away in Bilbo. :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back