Who needs lithium????

Virtually everlasting separators! Even in 1955 the marketing people were trying to con the public. Somewhere, buried deep on an old landfill site will be the everlasting plastic separators, the rest of the components probably failed within 2 years.

England always seems to get the latest gadgets first can’t wait maybe we’ll get them new exide battery’s in Scotland in a few years time. The other day I heard a guy saying he was gonna stick a panel thing on his roof and make electric what a nut job next he’ll be telling us we’re gonna have caravans mounted on trucks what a fool.

We have 6 Exide 160amp batteries on our narrowboat (we live on it) and they have the old Exide Stevenage telephone number stamped on the sides.

5 years ago I thought I would look at upgrading to whatever the latest were before they expired.

When I contacted Exide Manchester about them to id the batteries and see if they had a new equivalent they told me that my batteries were last made in 1999, so they were 14years old at the time. I was impressed and decided to leave them alone.

They are still there untouched and providing a good service to us 5 years later (approx. 19 years old). they are constantly on charge either from the panels on the roof or from the landline. When we go off grid, they just seem to keep going.

Not bad eh! When the day comes, we are going to upgrade to either 6 x 2volt batteries or what ever the latest is at the time.

I am running a Lithium battery on one of the race bikes (both are total loss systems) and its impressive against the standard battery o n the other bike. so we will see where battery technology goes over the next few years

I'm probably tempting fate by writing this, but the batteries show no sign of needing replacement any time soon.

On the camper we currently have two of these. fitted them the other month and they easily lasted the whole weekend at Glasson Dock without much drop and we are wondering how good they will really be in the long run.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back