Why I bought a Briggs and Stratton Generator ....

wildebus

Whilst doing some sorting out in one of the sheds I though the grass (outside, not in the shed!) could do with a cut - not cut it since last September IIRC.

I have no interest in gardening to be frank, and after I cut the grass last year, I just left the mower (which has a B&S Engine) where I finished - outside in the elements with petrol left in it - and that is where it stayed until today!
Tipped on it side to empty out the old petrol (yucky colour - looked rusty), refilled tank with new petrol, primed, pulled cord and away we go :)

Clearly not the best way to look after a lawn mower, but those B&S engines don't care!

Got wee a local guy who cuts my grass he’s stuck in the 19 70s £12 to cut two lawns he just comes when it suits him he was going to pack it in last year because his old petrol mower was nackerd so I bought him a decent second hand Briggs and Stratton from gumtree for buttons you’d think I gave him a Bentley he said he’d cut mines for nowt but I still pay him poor sod Well it saves me doing it and I get to play with my motorhome at the weekend instead of cutting grass

My mower has the Briggs and Stratton engine too and in the 8 years I have owned it I have never serviced it or changed plug it is just abused, but never fails to start first time even when stood all winter with the year before fuel left in it

My mower has the Briggs and Stratton engine too and in the 8 years I have owned it I have never serviced it or changed plug it is just abused, but never fails to start first time even when stood all winter with the year before fuel left in it
And this is the kind of reason why I think the Briggs and Stratton generator, at less than half the money* of a Honda jobby, is such good value :)

* depending on the prices at the time - it's £140 more than when I bought mine (and £220 more than I actually paid). But even at £620 it is hundreds less than a Honda.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back