Why only 1 electronic key on a Ducato?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3305
  • Start date
Ref Dealer Alternatives, I got keys done by Timpsons for my VW LT - used Mercedes blanks (sprinter locks) and was £10 for the basic cut key and I think £30 for the programmed ignition key (no remote feature). Had a full-fat (flippy programmed with remote) key done at a VW Festival for my VW T5. Think it was £90 and he threw in a "surf key" (basic blade) for free. Not bad at all I thought as with the VW Transporters, the key people have to go to the van and "do stuff" to pair up the key to the van ECU

1 Alarm should have its own separate fob kept on second key ring , 2 lock door with blip ,unlock with key open passenger door check if alarm goes off . It may have a tiny fob that fits in a dash slot that cancels interior sencers so door alarms on ,interior is off for pets and nighttime,

He dose the plain programmed key think he said £55 you have to have the vehicle with you . I seen him plug a small hand held device into OBD port.

1 Alarm should have its own separate fob kept on second key ring , 2 lock door with blip ,unlock with key open passenger door check if alarm goes off . It may have a tiny fob that fits in a dash slot that cancels interior sencers so door alarms on ,interior is off for pets and nighttime,
My 2019 Fiat based c class has a phantom alarm that is activated by the Fiat electronic key. If I want the interior sensors disabling I just lock vehicle using key, wait approx 5 seconds then press again. I have a separate alarm fob that stays at home and there is an override socket in dash with the small sim sized key secreted away in motorhome.
Carry spare key battery but reckon I will get another electronic key, not from Fiat I may add.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back