Wind generator for motorhomes, whats available?

MykCamper

I have seen them on boats, why are they not used more popular on motorhomes?
Obviously, they would need to be quick and easy to fit on parking up but no more difficult than a remote solar panel.
Seems to me a good quiet alternative to a generator, in conjunction with solar, although reliant on a breeze but we don't have many days when becalmed, then it is usually sunny enough to generate solar power.
Has anyone any experience on these wind generators?😁

Difficult to mount to isolate the vehicle from noise
Noisy for folks close by
Expensive per Watts generated
Only generate usable amounts in sustained strong winds
Pfaffy to stow/erect

Ideal for boats needing small amounts of power to run bilge pumps moored in windy harbours.

Thanks for the knowledgeable info, thought there might be some problems with them otherwise they would be as popular as solar panels!
Thought I might be able to make a ' quick fit' mount on my bike rack as I do with my remote solar panel, a winter alternative for battery top up, when little or no sunshine! 😱

guy had one down at punta umbria produced a reasonable amount of power but the vibration was bad even though he had padded the mounts with rubber etc gave a sort of thrumming noise throughout the whole van definitely not what you want when listening to music mike,

Rutland do small units, but lucky to get a few amps a day which will just hold a battery up, no mission of topping up a batt requiring 30/40% charge.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back