WINDOWS FUSE BLOWING

Billieblue

carol
Posts4,713
Likes3,616
A moment ago
Add bookmark
I know it’s probably like looking for a needle in a virtual haystack but can anyone give me any pointers as to how I can find out why the windows fuse keeps blowing? I’ve changed it 3 times in about 5 years so didn’t realise it’s a recurring problem. Since I’ve had a new window motor fitted, thinking that was the source of the problem the fuse now blows after one use, ie when I try the windows to see if the fuse change has worked! I’m in Spain at the moment so no point taking it to a garage if it’s a really difficult job - though you don’t realise how much you use your windows until you don’t have them!

I suppose you have tried spraying a silicon spray onto the guides, or WD40...
Might be sticky guides, dirt/grit after years of use. Worth a try if you have not already.
Good luck
K ;)

What vehicle is it and Is it only on one window ? I take it that it only blows when you operate the window switch

Who fitted the new window motor?
Can you contact them?
Does the window move at all or does the fuse blow immediately you try to open the window? It sounds like a short if that is the case.
Can you access the wiring next to the motor?
K 🤔

Who fitted the new window motor?
Can you contact them?
Does the window move at all or does the fuse blow immediately you try to open the window? It sounds like a short if that is the case.
Can you access the wiring next to the motor?
K 🤔
Hi, just seen your reply - I did contact them by text but I’m in Spain now. When I change the fuse the windows work when I try them but not the next time I need them. I’ve not done a test to see if it’s both windows or the one window but when they’re not working, nothing moves. I’ve silicone the windows for ease of movement. I’m not sure about the wiring but I know the door panel was difficult to remove.

Check the wires in the door hinge area if it’s a fiat,pug or citreon
in a rubber sleeve

Sounds like you need an auto electrician.

Its good they work when you change the fuse,
does the window go down and back up ok then?,
when is the "next time"? Next time you use the switch or after you have switched off and back on again?
Its not easy diagnosing remotely. I dont suppose you could upload a video of whats going on?

K 🤔

If your near culerra there is a German guy there for the next couple weeks he does all types of motorhome repairs can’t miss his Daf outfit

Attachments

• 6EC9C993-F7AA-4656-A261-E45624E347C5.jpeg
    6EC9C993-F7AA-4656-A261-E45624E347C5.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 5

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back