Wing mirrors.

runnach

Link is an example only, has anyone installed these to their motor home? A mate of mine who recently took ownership of an Audi SUV EV has similar as fitment standard to his car, his feedback: difficult to get use to compared to the norm, which I guess is understandable, also issue with condensation at the camera lens.

I'd be interested to hear comments from anyone with cams fitted to replace standard rear view mirrors.

Link is an example only, has anyone installed these to their motor home? A mate of mine who recently took ownership of an Audi SUV EV has similar as fitment standard to his car, his feedback: difficult to get use to compared to the norm, which I guess is understandable, also issue with condensation at the camera lens.

I'd be interested to hear comments from anyone with cams fitted to replace standard rear view mirrors.

They are quite large mine on the car are tiny in fact if you did not know they were there you would not know.

A link to brand would be great, the Audi car ones have the screens fitted close to the top door hinge, the camera arm still sticks out and evident. You have pics of your setup?

Last edited:
Yes I have Terry and its not to bad lolol I've only got it on my offside mirror think it 7 quid for the camera and a 20 quid for the monitor.I think it's covers 170 degrees

Last edited:
A link to brand would be great, the Audi car ones have the screens fitted close to the top door hinge, the camera arm still sticks out and evident. You have pics of your setup?
Sorry no they come as std underside of the wing mirrors

Terry that’s my camera on the underside of the wing mirror it’s tiny but a good pictureView attachment 74407
Yeah, Chris says its tiny and would make a great picture, if she could see it :ROFLMAO: (y)

Anyhooo, back to the camera setup, I remember now your posts on camera fitting, looks good and a decent screen image. Yourself and Sonar, you have retained your original wing mirrors, I would really like to get rid of the ones on our MH, replace completely with camera type, I actually first noticed them earlier this year on a few new HGV's while touring France/Spain earlier this year. Just crossed my mind while typing, I need to ask my MOT guy the rules and regs on cam mirrors.

Pondering..........

This animation is the setup on my mates Audi.

Our car has 5 cameras, screen, grill, left and right mirrors and boot to give a 360 view but Terry is after a complete mirror replacement which will be more difficult to source for a MoHo.

I like the idea in addition but not solo, at least if a mirror is dirty it's an easy clean, also you can move your head for a different view in a mirror, so the cameras would need to be adjustable too.

More tech to go wrong too, although even cheap rev cams are generally reliable.

I did buy a small 90° camera to fit looking down at the kerb from above the cab, but never fitted it as it would have needed it's own screen.

I did buy a small 90° camera to fit looking down at the kerb from above the cab, but never fitted it as it would have needed it's own screen.
I have one and still do it’s called a back seat driver.

EBay has hundreds of them. Some very small and some complete kits .

The biggest thing about cameras instead of mirrors is that you can't move your head to get a different angle of view. That's quite a big snagc

Back