Yes, Batteries Are Our Future. Here’s Why.

I got the impression a lot of that video was about battery power stations in Oz?
Not convinced as it seems a bit at odds with this report ... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10...-warn-excess-solar-could-damage-grid/10365622

(must admit I didn't watch most of the video as it waffled on even more than I do!)
"Electricity distributors are warning that as solar uptake continues to increase, there is a risk excess solar power could flow into the network, causing blackouts and damaging infrastructure. "

And that is why there is a war on at the moment between the Innovators (Musk et al) and the Power Networks...The latest available Tech to store energy at the moment is too expensive to install! Example see pic!

The main concern the Power Networks have is loss of revenue from tech that allows you and me to cheaply store the energy from the Sun & Wind..

lith3.JPG

I am looking at a cheap drone (£140)..... today it has a flight time of 15 minutes, in 2 years time it will have an hours flight time, in 5 years it will have a 5 hour endurance, the battery will be able to be charged in 15 minutes..Just imagine what Leisure battery's will be capable of? A 2 week trip with all the capacity you could ever want (cooking, refrigeration and AirCon) and charge it when you get home!

And i told folk about electric cars/vans and they said rubbish,well the cut of date for piston engines is 2040 here and 2030 france.
Once the battery tec boys get it all moving big time into production prices will come down to the working mans level.

I've lost track of the number of things that have been officially signed and sealed and never put into practice afterwards.
One thing is for sure ... By the time 2040 comes, everyone here will have forgotten about this thread (I know, I've signed the agreement to say so ;) )

One thing is for sure ... By the time 2040 comes, everyone here will have forgotten about this thread
Yes indeed.
It's just a couple of days less than 19 years to the REAL Y2K bug event: Unix time rolls over on 19 January 2038.
A lot of stuff is likely to be forgotten at quarter past three that morning.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back