Your thoughts and advice please

Admin

Administator

Your thoughts and advice please

We have a new community here and that gives us the opportunity to mould it the way that we want to. I would really like to know what features, events, merchandise, stickers, discounts, POI types and other things that you would want to see available on this website.

Please make a post in this thread telling me what you would like and I would invite everyone to discuss this.

Thanks

Phil

Recommended repair shops, tyre and battery fitters , etc..

Any discount .would be welcome ,on supplies and services.
Perhaps even a scheme to give an official thankyou award for outstanding service, to members...
This could work both ways, good for.us, good for the company and might even bring in additional sponsorship and discounts.

Free beer for all Yorkshire members..

Perhaps in a similar way to the WC pois campsites could feature, with reviews from members in a similar way to the forthcoming WC system. There could perhaps be filters for example to only show sites for under £10.

One Yorkshire man and one Scottish resident.

Both reading from the same hymn sheet.

Pauljenny;n19467 said:
One Yorkshire man and one Scottish resident.

Both reading from the same hymn sheet.

And with amazing taste when it comes to vans ?

I think that launderettes with easy parking close by would make a very useful addition to the POIs.

A list of lpg filling stations or even a link to a site that lists these

Links to places to find out about sites, such as
campsite.co.uk
camping and caravan club
ACSI inspected and members
park4night apps etc
do it worldwide ... lot of new members don’t know where to get such info

I reckon a 'Links' page is a good idea, with separate headings for the type of suggestions made above. This could have new headings added as and when needed.

Traditional,proper Butchers,Bakers,and the like, with easy MH parking nearby..

What to do if you have a medical emergency, when away from home..

A list of members willing to offer such things as tap and waste dump, temporary / emergency parking..
( But not Izwozral,.... His drive is already booked for the summer.).
:Tongue_Out_Emoji_wi

Camping sites and cl airs under a tenner , official, stopovers .

Last edited:
Threads for Brand Specific chats. It’s the only reason i use a different site. It’s very helpful asking for advice from people who have that brand.

Recommended garages for repairs and MOT's, or even a star rating system, which also shows which best to avoid, but would need putting in county/town order to be really workable as there would be a lot listed as on WC.

2cv;n19464 said:
Perhaps in a similar way to the WC pois campsites could feature, with reviews from members in a similar way to the forthcoming WC system. There could perhaps be filters for example to only show sites for under £10.

+ one.
I'm currently on a site on the Spanish Mediterranean coast catching up on washing etc. and was earlier today thinking of a way of recommending it. It's inclusion on a POI map WC-style would obviously be helpful. It's currently 8€ per night plus 3€ electricity if you want it.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Wully;n19480 said:
A list of lpg filling stations or even a link to a site that lists these

+ one.
I use 'myLPG.eu' both in the UK and in mainland Europe, Wully. It's easy to use, generally kept up to date and has everything on a map. And yes, a link to that and also 'FillLPG.co.uk' which also has a map might be helpful to some, though I find it not quite so up-to-date as 'myLPG.eu'.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Maybe a mention if a campsite or a venue allow fires more and more caravan sites are allowing small pit fires so maybe a mention of this. Key rings defo need key rings and a new motorhomer logo sticker go the full hog coasters tea towels baseball caps. And maybe a separate bit with all the photos people post like a gallery

Ferry prices and discount crossings mainland to ports in ireland & return,many folk wish to come but put of by extreme over pricing

A permanent list of details (location, routes, phone numbers etc) for all the meets, so it is not necessary to repeat the details every time a meet is posted and if members want to visit at other times the info is easily found.

EJB;n19673 said:
A clickable button that shows 'All (New) posts since last visit'.

It's towards the top of the page - 'New Topics''

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back