151 Sticker Remover Kit

Les Haro;n13355 said:
How long ago did you stop using fairy liquid on plastic water fittings, and do you know of any reason to not do so now apart from the existence of silicone sprays.
Never having used silicone spray, because I have had PTFE spray, is it the same ish, only PTFE is more of a lubricant.

IIRC fairy liquid has salt in it.

Mastodon;n16144 said:
IIRC fairy liquid has salt in it.

I have looked up the ingedients on the P&G website and there is no reference to NaCl or any other directly recognised salt. Other branded liquids have up to 5% salt.

Les Haro;n16166 said:
I have looked up the ingedients on the P&G website and there is no reference to NaCl or any other directly recognised salt. Other branded liquids have up to 5% salt.
Found this on an environmental web site:
So what’s really in the bottle? No one outside the P&G labs really knows. The ingredients label is woefully inadequate (see above) and P&G told us to find what we were looking for on the internet. After an extensive web search we did indeed find some - but not all - information on the components that make up Fairy Liquid.

• Aqua
• Sodium laureth sulphate
• Alcohol denat
• Lauramine oxide
• C9-11 pareth-8
• Sodium chloride
• 1,3-Cyclohexanedimethanamine
• PPG (polypropylene glycols)
• Dimethyl aminoethyl methecrylate/hydroxyproply acrylate copolymer cirate
• Parfum
• Geraniol
• Limonene
• Colourant

This list corresponds well with P&Gs own ‘safety data sheet’ for its original Fairy Liquid. The first thing that jumps out about this information is how well Fairy illustrates the problem that so little data exists or is indeed required on the components of common household products, even though human exposure and environmental impact are the key issues for a product of this type.

edit:https://www.info-pg.com/eng/variants/United Kingdom?prodForm=686#1

P&G website confirms this.

Last edited:
i use acetone for all glue residues and permanent marker removal-excellent results
when i had a van with loads of vinyl stickers i went to a vinyl sign makers and bought some of what they use- very effective

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back