A long list

I wanted a reversing cam fitted but decided for a few quid and by that i mean at the time £ 27.
I bought a cam for the back and the 7 inch screen.
Bought a holder for it and wired in a dedicated plug for it.

Fitted when i want and when not its a plug that has a cover on it.

IMG_0166.jpegIMG_0165.jpeg

The gas locker looked a bit aged so we altered it and cleaned and ended up like this to me its a good improvement.
Just another one of the many jobs

IMG_0283.JPGIMG_0291.jpeg

Within days of having the moho we locked the hab door from in side and locke the cab doors as we got out.

Well were locked out now on a site in lancaster.

the caravan next to us said he could get us back in again in a few seconds.

Sure did Three guesses how he did it.

Any when we got home we started to look for window locks.
found these on the well known auction site at the time they were £ 2.00 each
fitted easy and removed easy
there made on a 3 d printer looks more secure.
bjut seems there are other ways of getting. in..

IMG_0839 2.jpegIMG_0840 2.jpeg

One of things that i have photos of when it was broken was the water heater it was supposed to work on the plug in mains 240 volts and the gas.

it worked on neither

looked about for a replacement. off hand i think it was £500. or more i cant recall.

anyway i was going to have to get a new one i may as well try to fix it first.

took it all to bits and the first thing i found was a detached mains wire the wired in connection.
wrote that down as part of the reasemble stage.

Image 5 and 6. Check out the control board to see if there was any obvious burning marks and the other side for dry joints. but could see nothing.

A new board was near on the replacement price of a second hand boiler that i did not at the time said it was working when last used..

Any stripped it all down and noticed also the thermocouple. image 2 was a long way from would have been the flame .
There was no way of testing it but that a renew would have been next on the list if it all failed and i could see no other reason at least i would have had a new replacement.

Any cleaned all up including the gas ring image 4 then worked out two things if i put it all back together and it did not work change the thermocouple and if it did still not work get another boiler rather than a circuit board.

anyway all cleaned put together placed back in water on. no leaks mains electric on in half an hour hot water.
mains turned off run the hot water till it went cold

on with the gas adjust the heat on a small bulkhead control and yes is boils hot water using the gas .
all sorted and has been working for the last two years problem free

So i put it down to needing the mains wire connection cut new ends fitted and a good glean of the gas ring and the thermocouple.

IMG_0368.jpegIMG_0369.jpegIMG_0370.jpegIMG_0371.jpegIMG_0372.jpegIMG_0373.jpeg

I thought the rubber was better for us anyway as the non slip option after being on a muddy pitch or field.

Or even in and out when it has been raining .

not my cup of tea to take on this kind of job BUT i admire the LOVE you have for your m/h
it reminds me of our first step into motorhoming back in the 1980's it was a x waterboard van which we slightly converted but still slept in a tent but do you know we had the same fun back then as now in a £60.000 plus 5 year old m/h

not my cup of tea to take on this kind of job BUT i admire the LOVE you have for your m/h
it reminds me of our first step into motorhoming back in the 1980's it was a x waterboard van which we slightly converted but still slept in a tent but do you know we had the same fun back then as now in a £60.000 plus 5 year old m/h

sounds like your enjoying yours as much as we do ours

i think this has been said before in many contexts

its not what you got its how you use it.

yes ours get used and we did think of a new one but the way we have sorted it all out and trying to update everything if others don't think its worth it well there entitled to their own opinions.

still if our gets damaged inside or out were not be acting like its the end of the world.

this is the last of the images ect that i have for now .

so the fridge saga

At 20 years old So It’s due for a replacement. Mainly because it never worked.
it was a Dometic RM 6270. seems there not making them anymore and stopped some years ago.

The alternitve for a replacement was also not being made.

The suggestions for a replacement from the tech team at dometic was something that was never going to fit as it was too wide.
So looking at the Thetford N4080E fridge as a replacement however the wiring is a lot different As this image.to follow
the Thetford was the right width and hight and a 3 way powered fride.

so out the the old and in with the new. Or so I thought.

the new fridge arrived the very next day after ordering .

so i started to remove the old one. take out the grid / air vents outside to the back of the fridge

undo the gas
and that was as far as i could get at the back.
inside open the door of the fridge just inside on both sides were some plastic cover plugs removed them then removed the screws and started to ease out the fridge /

most of the way out and i could see the mains cable

then looked at the 12 volt connections nothing like i was expecting.
i was expecting to see 5 wires . But no.
See image 1

Looking at the image i did however know that the green and yellow wire was cut off .
inside the cable insulation. outer skin

I also knew the the Orange wires with a white line are the negative wires as there throught the van on other items i have had to see to.

The red with the yellow line cable showed it was connected but not live.
started the engine and the red and yellow wire was live.

So that as one of the wires i was looking for as it was the feed through a relay.
the other two negative wire i could not find the ends to.

So now it was back to a fresh rewire of the fridge.

Image 2

If anyone wants to fit a new fridge in a caravan / motorhome / converted van and you cant find the wires than this as far as i know is the install.

now thw wiring is in it was tested. BUT HAD TO BE FULLY LEVEL seems the newer fridges are a bit fussy.
anyway fitted and working.

but never used as very seldom have we been very level .

But thats all about to be sorted soon with an automatic self level system

IMG_2686.JPGIMG_2694.JPGIMG_2695.PNGIMG_2696.PNG

so as you can see thats why the list was a long one
and even no there is a list of future upgrades.

Just fitted a diesel heater inside and thats given us another form of heating.

If I had a new van I would not have known the ins and outs and how to fix most if not all of the problems that occur

this is the last of the images ect that i have for now .

so the fridge saga

At 20 years old So It’s due for a replacement. Mainly because it never worked.
it was a Dometic RM 6270. seems there not making them anymore and stopped some years ago.

The alternitve for a replacement was also not being made.

The suggestions for a replacement from the tech team at dometic was something that was never going to fit as it was too wide.
So looking at the Thetford N4080E fridge as a replacement however the wiring is a lot different As this image.to follow
the Thetford was the right width and hight and a 3 way powered fride.

so out the the old and in with the new. Or so I thought.

the new fridge arrived the very next day after ordering .

so i started to remove the old one. take out the grid / air vents outside to the back of the fridge

undo the gas
and that was as far as i could get at the back.
inside open the door of the fridge just inside on both sides were some plastic cover plugs removed them then removed the screws and started to ease out the fridge /

most of the way out and i could see the mains cable

then looked at the 12 volt connections nothing like i was expecting.
i was expecting to see 5 wires . But no.
See image 1

Looking at the image i did however know that the green and yellow wire was cut off .
inside the cable insulation. outer skin

I also knew the the Orange wires with a white line are the negative wires as there throught the van on other items i have had to see to.

The red with the yellow line cable showed it was connected but not live.
started the engine and the red and yellow wire was live.

So that as one of the wires i was looking for as it was the feed through a relay.
the other two negative wire i could not find the ends to.

So now it was back to a fresh rewire of the fridge.

Image 2

If anyone wants to fit a new fridge in a caravan / motorhome / converted van and you cant find the wires than this as far as i know is the install.

now thw wiring is in it was tested. BUT HAD TO BE FULLY LEVEL seems the newer fridges are a bit fussy.
anyway fitted and working.

but never used as very seldom have we been very level .

But thats all about to be sorted soon with an automatic self level system

View attachment 72079View attachment 72080View attachment 72081View attachment 72082
You may or may not be aware, but all your (van) wiring colours are standard for Sargent systems fitted 20 years ago or fitted yesterday (They have done a nice job at keeping that consistent even while updating and changing the Power Distribution boxes).
So if you downloaded a Sargent wiring diagram from any of their units, it would be fairly handy for your own van.

(No doubt there will be some wire or other which has changed to prove me wrong but not come across one so far :) )

I found it easier just to wire the new fridge in as in only had the swift sundance wiring diagram .
Anyway just seen your web site looks great .
Sent a massage

Send me one as well please, just been carpet cleaning the lounge and me back is well and truly buggered and still got half left to do.

• Funny
Reactions: 2cv
Send me one as well please, just been carpet cleaning the lounge and me back is well and truly buggered and still got half left to do.
Strange but very true I have just used the carpet cleaner as well but as a small bungalow it does not take long 🤭

Fitted a self fit speed limiter / cruise control today on our Fiat Ducato 2003 Moho

Following the wiring instructions it was quite easy to fit apart from the plugs to the break pedal
There was not a lot of room but got sorted in the end .

So far works very well tested the speed limiter. That could save to odd fine or two .

And the cruise control also works well. Just the same as our car.

As an after market fitting it’s a great addition ..

Bought from here.

They provide cruise controls for many other Moho as well as vans .

Reactions: 2cv
Fitted a self fit speed limiter / cruise control today on our Fiat Ducato 2003 Moho

Following the wiring instructions it was quite easy to fit apart from the plugs to the break pedal
There was not a lot of room but got sorted in the end .

So far works very well tested the speed limiter. That could save to odd fine or two .

And the cruise control also works well. Just the same as our car.

As an after market fitting it’s a great addition ..

Bought from here.

They provide cruise controls for many other Moho as well as vans .

They can be very useful indeed. fitted an aftermarket CC to my 2005 RAV4 :)

Question for you .... you talked about the brake pedal .... did you connect to (or add) a switch on the clutch pedal?

They can be very useful indeed. fitted an aftermarket CC to my 2005 RAV4 :)

Question for you .... you talked about the brake pedal .... did you connect to (or add) a switch on the clutch pedal?
Sorry there was a single wire to the Clutch not the brake I have amended my post to reflect this .it was soldered into an existing plug
And then there was a plug that had to go to the accelerator so one was removed. Then the old one plugged back into the new one .
That was the hardest part as there was very little room .

image.jpg

So braking doesn't shut it down or is it connected elsewhere?

So braking doesn't shut it down or is it connected elsewhere?
No the accelerator controls the cruise control level speed and also limits the speed
When I apply the clutch to change gear either up or down it disables the cruise control. But not the speed limiter.

When I press the brake only the speed drops but the cruise control is still working so lifting my foot from the brake and the cruise control
Builds up to the set speed .

I've had it on a few cars and only one van and on all touching the brake kills it until you either reset or resume so I wouldn't like that.

Not what I'd call precision control.

Back