A long list

It’s ok just tried it I don’t have a problem with it .

I've had it on a few cars and only one van and on all touching the brake kills it until you either reset or resume so I wouldn't like that.

Not what I'd call precision control.
I can't recall precisely, but on the aftermarket kit I fitted to the RAV4, I am fairly sure it activated on Brake Pedal pressing? It may not have been so obvious as you could potentially connect it to the wiring that activates the brake lights (same difference)? It was over 15 years ago so don't recall the details, but I do remember I had to actually fit a clutch switch to the clutch pedal (obviously) so it would disengage immediately.

When I press the brake only the speed drops but the cruise control is still working so lifting my foot from the brake and the cruise control
Builds up to the set speed .
I would double-check this on the installation diagram and with the supplier. I would be fairly sure a requirement of a Cruise Control system be disengagement on EITHER brake or clutch use?

The one I fitted to my VW T5 was the factory one and that was a right pain - needed a cable routed to a specific connection within the engine fusebox (for which you actually have to REMOVE the starter battery as the fusebox is underneath it!) and needed potentially a new BCM fitted |Fortunately my T5 was a higher spec one so it supported CC if fitted, so just a matter of configuring in using the VW VCDS software to enable it.
But ... and this is why I am mentioning this .... It would work ok for a short time and then the CC would disengage if going over a slight bump or into a pothole of any size. Running some tests, it turned out the standard fit Clutch Switch was faulty and any bouncing would break the contact and the system thought the clutch was depressed. New switch fixed it, but if you have a CC system that disengages when it shouldn't, check that Clutch Switch!

Last edited:
Disengages on the use of the clutch .
Dip the clutch and everything is turned off until you switch it on again

Of course you have the instructions which should be right, but it feels wrong not to have a brake sensor.

Here’s the fitting manual
And you can see just how easy this is to fit .

IMG_2709.jpegIMG_2710.jpegIMG_2711.jpegIMG_2712.jpegIMG_2713.jpegIMG_2714.jpegIMG_2715.jpegIMG_2716.jpeg

Of course you have the instructions which should be right, but it feels wrong not to have a brake sensor.
There is one and it is in the instructions.

If you are sure the brake does not also disengage the CC, you need to check your installation again I think.
Have a check over the note on page 5 of the pages you posted and the last line ....
ccinstall5-8.png

Totaly confused now.

1712153906427.png

I only had a quick try I will try it again hopefully the weekend it really needs a long road to test it all in
But what ever the manual says must be right as I it fitted correctly .

I must have put wires to all the pedals just it was a fast install as per the manual.
The longest bit was fitting the plugs to the accelerator everything else took a few minutes .
All completed in about an hour and a half. Inc soldering .

Last edited:
The one I had in my van ran from Bowden cable and diaphragm I suppose there will have been some electrics but no idea TBH

This is the one:-

I wouldn't mind doing this or getting it done.

Mines a stalk positioned where I could use it without getting in the way of anything else.
10 mm hole in the steering wheel housing under the steering wheel and above the indicators

The part number for the cruise control stalk including the speed limiter control 735590820

And without speed limiter 735690383

You need to be sure to know which one your van needs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145232146013 for the whole assembly.

Mine came from Precision direct and does Both on the single stalk.
Also has two memory buttons for a user preset limiter speed..

Came as a complete kit inc the fitting instructions as posted earlier on the thread.
Under £200. With a help telephone number if you get a little lost while fitting ..

There are a few different systems historically for pre 07 Sevel vehicles, post 07 is an entirely different setup.

There are a few different systems historically for pre 07 Sevel vehicles, post 07 is an entirely different setup.
Tell me about it. Been sometimes very difficult to get the right spares like a simple thing like a track rod end .
I never knew there were so many made for the fiat ducato.

Vin and reg number combinations are the best way either on their own can be wrong.

I once had a car that kept the cruise control on if you pressed the brakes lightly to slow then went back up to speed afterwards. Press the brakes harder and the CC went off. I can't remember what car it was. It was long time ago. It might have been a Skoda Octavia.

Ok using the cruise control mine works like this.

Build up speed to 50mph. Or whatever. Switch on then select memory
And release your foot off of the accelerator the speed stays at. 50 mph.

Breaking you reduce your speed. Foot off the break and the speed then climbs back to the set 50 mph.

Coming to a stop or a junction foot on brake depress clutch and the cruise control turns fully off
You have to switch it on when required.. but you can get to the same speed if you like as that speed is registered in memory
Until the user changes.

The speed limiter

Get to speed set the speed limit. That’s the speeds your at when you turn it on .
You can speed the limit up or down with a click of the up or down switch.

You can change the gears using the brakes and the clutch as normal driving. But the speed will not exceed to limit one has set.
No matter what gear or what speed it’s limited.

That’s the way mine works .

Ok using the cruise control mine works like this.

Build up speed to 50mph. Or whatever. Switch on then select memory
And release your foot off of the accelerator the speed stays at. 50 mph.

Breaking you reduce your speed. Foot off the break and the speed then climbs back to the set 50 mph.
This really does not sound correct. The CC should disengage when you brake and then you would use the 'Resume' for it to turn back on and speed to climb again. And if you don't use the 'Resume', or set a CC speed, the CC stays disenaged.

Coming to a stop or a junction foot on brake depress clutch and the cruise control turns fully off
You have to switch it on when required.. but you can get to the same speed if you like as that speed is registered in memory
Until the user changes.

The speed limiter

Get to speed set the speed limit. That’s the speeds your at when you turn it on .
You can speed the limit up or down with a click of the up or down switch.

You can change the gears using the brakes and the clutch as normal driving. But the speed will not exceed to limit one has set.
No matter what gear or what speed it’s limited.

That’s the way mine works .

It may well disengage if I braked hard I never tried. Will have to have another go the weekend

Back