Anyone got an Omnistor 5500?

Sounds like a plan.
Good way to while a way the lockdown and exercise grey cells 😀

You can still get that part, might need to try Germany if it won't glue .....
View attachment 55469
To be honest, that doesn't look exactly the right part, but it is worth a try if the broken bit won't stick.
The images of what I need in exploded parts diagram from that source show the bit specified for my awning as part 21 and part 55 5248 00 for a 5000 series awning. Can't really work out if they look the same.
awning parts compared.png

To be honest, that doesn't look exactly the right part, but it is worth a try if the broken bit won't stick.
The images of what I need in exploded parts diagram from that source show the bit specified for my awning as part 21 and part 55 5248 00 for a 5000 series awning. Can't really work out if they look the same.
View attachment 55470
I think you are right, the 5002 and 5500 part numbers don't match, the corresponding Thule art no is 1500601245, you might be able to get the correct part here .....

Turns out that I'll never get it. They eventually got back to me to 'fess up that they are selling stuff that doesn't exist. So they refunded me.

I think my new plan is to take the old bit out, glue it together, make a silicone mould of it, then try fitting it. If it doesn't go well, I'll have the mould to work from.

On reflection, 3D printing isn't going to be strong enough anyway.

I reckon that as there seems to be room on the broken side side that glue and reinforcement is likely to be good solution.
Presumably you only use it in good weather and if you take care putting the stay into it it'll probably see you out?

Truth to tell, I only use it about once a year, when I'm on some sort of site and the weather is so hot I need shade.
This bit isn't really affected by weather. It's the catch that holds the bar in when it is rolled in fully. The bit that snapped off is the bit that unlatches it when it opens or closes.
Last time one it was used (I forget when) it must have broken, so when I tried to open it recently, that end stayed latched. I had to push the latch open with long thin screwdriver.
If the repair doesn't go well, I'll probably take the whole thing off. But I'm optimistic it'll be OK.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back