british tv in spain

andrew h smith

Free Member

whats the best way of getting British TV in spain . I have a small portable dish but not sure if it will work

whats the best way of getting British TV in spain . I have a small portable dish but not sure if it will work
the bigger the the dish the better 95 cm min size an that won,t gaurntee coverage if your out of the sattelite footprint

I use a VPN, available from Playstore, which fools the BBC into thinking I am still in the UK so can watch all British TV on the Web.
If you want to watch a lot it is worth buying a Data card in the country you are visiting. Typical cost about €1 a day unlimited. ( €30 a monthly renewable contract. ) If you also have a MiFi then several devices can be connected at once.
This works out very much cheaper than a satellite system.

We do Spain in the M/H every year from Jan to April & dont bother watching or tuning int any UK TV as its all depressing with everything going on ,,,, When back in UK in April its the same old same old ,,,,, Also stopped paying TV Licence 4yrs ago ,,,,

As a member has said, forget the dish. Leave it at home and save space. I too use a VPN and choose the UK as my server. This fools the UK TV apps into thinking I’m at home in the UK so have no issues using any of the apps. However, I did read recently that some of the big players like Netflix, Amazon are considering blocking VPN,s. I’m sure there will be a workaround about a day after that though.

We are just back from a 10 week tour of Romania and Bulgaria and can confirm the Popit Sim worked a treat.
We will be travelling back from Turkiye next year............ Inshallah................. and we intend to come back through Bulgaria and Romania.
We much prefer campsites to parking up wild,so any tips on stopovers would be appreciated.
Thanks

we have a auto 85cm dish maxview & have been able to get tv anywhere including south Spain .
first you need you satellite to be able to lock on the ( new 902 )the old 907 intelsat same transponder the BBC piggy back sat
then you need a receiver that capable of decoding the signal ( ICECRYPT ) now discontinued but you can find them on ebay sometimes.
if you do a search you can find a receiver like for like . you start to loose bbc/itv when you get near south of France so thats where 907/902 we change from 28.5 EAST to 27.5 WEST the first photo is what you need to pick up the satellite .cheyenne

DSC03124.JPGDSC03123.JPGDSC03125.JPG

if its allowed i can supply you with the guy that fitted our auto sat system or if you have an outside dish & get the right receiver you can pick 907/902 up yourself if you think you are capable to do it we did before we had auto systems years ago .talking about years ago before the BBC told sky to move the footprint of 28.5 east because they didnt like people on the Costas ( Spain ) getting the BBC without paying for a license you could get most channels on a 80cm dish .cheyenne

Remember as said if you use the Popit sim you don't need a VPN.
You can watch UK tv up to your 100gb limit.
No VPN required with Smarty, Talkmobile EE and O2 either (y)

Regards,
Del

Remember as said if you use the Popit sim you don't need a VPN.
You can watch UK tv up to your 100gb limit.
no GB limit with a dish just turn on your telly & watch ALL day & night if you want at no cost after you have bought the system .cheyenne

But you don't get internet with a dish and I guess the system costs rather a lot to set up.
Perhaps if you really do want to watch TV 24/7 it's best to stay at homeo_O:unsure:
Although all those other UK sims don't need a VPN I don't think any of them offer anything like Popit 100 gb for £25

You will need a large (1metre+) steerable dish. And even then in southern Spain you would find it difficult to receive UK. I have a small dish and tend to give up half way through France as reception disappears. Good luck.

But you don't get internet with a dish and I guess the system costs rather a lot to set up.
Perhaps if you really do want to watch TV 24/7 it's best to stay at homeo_O:unsure:
Although all those other UK sims don't need a VPN I don't think any of them offer anything like Popit 100 gb for £25
now why would i want to watch tv 24/7 it was JUST an example when i can watch this from morning to night & wifi is all around the site in the price in Spain & in France all so for private wifi ( banking ) we have (my3 dongle ) which never fails to get the internet .cheyenne

DSC01945.JPGDSC01972.JPGDSC01703.JPG

Yes sorry I meant you in the more general sense...........................I should of course have said if one wants to watch TV all day.
It's why in Liverpool we have the more general expression yous

Yes sorry I meant you in the more general sense...........................I should of course have said if one wants to watch TV all day.
It's why in Liverpool we have the more general expression yous
no worries i got the wrong head of the stick as we would say in Manchester NOW retired in Lincolnshire . anyway if you can get yourself down to Spain for the winter after all we was working for 45 years ( each ) there has to be some play time . cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back