british tv in spain

I don't think a VPN is required for any UK sim in order to watch UK TV.
The problem is that none of them offer enough data to watch very much.

For the odd occasion when we are in Spain and I want to watch the 6 Nations Rugby, I hotspot off my iPhone. This fools the BBC into thinking that we are in the UK as well so no need for a VPN. The only other thing we would watch at home is the news, which we can read on line, and Corrie, which isn't really a bother to miss for a couple of months.

I presume you have a UK sim in your phone so it is operating the same as the UK data sims mentioned before.
When the BBC see 200 people connecting from the same IP address (ie the VPN server) they know something is wrong and will block that address. The more expensive ones will quickly shift address and the battle goes on.
My Popit sim is parked up now at £1 month, waiting to be awakened from it's winter slumber....................aah

I have just started using a ‘Big Bundle’ sim from RWG. Unlimited calls and texts and 200gb data, of which 100gb can be used for EU roaming. Piggyback on EE and costing £20 a month.
Will have to wait and see how it performs.

I presume you have a UK sim in your phone so it is operating the same as the UK data sims mentioned before.
When the BBC see 200 people connecting from the same IP address (ie the VPN server) they know something is wrong and will block that address. The more expensive ones will quickly shift address and the battle goes on.
My Popit sim is parked up now at £1 month, waiting to be awakened from it's winter slumber....................aah

Yes Pete - EE. We have unlimited data at home which we can gift to our mobiles (max 50Gb a month per phone) so 100Gb more than suffices each month for us when abroad.

I have just started using a ‘Big Bundle’ sim from RWG. Unlimited calls and texts and 200gb data, of which 100gb can be used for EU roaming. Piggyback on EE and costing £20 a month.
Will have to wait and see how it performs.
my question is how many hours of TV can you watch in the south of Spain & use your private internet for banking / emails etc etc & that question is for everyone on this thread not just you :unsure:. cheyenne

my question is how many hours of TV can you watch in the south of Spain & use your private internet for banking / emails etc etc & that question is for everyone on this thread not just you :unsure:. cheyenne
I would rather have too much data than not enough data. Chris likes to keep up with Corrie and Emerdale, but that tends to be when the Sun’s gone down, with a cup of cocoa!

I don’t watch TV but when away and there’s a GrandPrix on SWMBO simply uses a mobile router with a three SIM card and a dodgy sky box which she got free.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back