Cat's poo....

HurricaneSmith

It's probably time for a cat's poo thread. 😳

Our delightful neighbours have three cats, two of them quite aggressive. Then they bought an enormous German Shepherd, and were astonished to find that none of them get along. 😂

To keep them off the veg I've tried wet soil, coffee grounds, citrus, etc., etc and even a solar sonic cat repeller, but failed

Recently, I planted a bunch of onions sets and immediately the whole feline family used it as a massive litter tray. Yvonne scotched my first solution, so I went for Plan B. I've set up a PestBye Jet Spray repeller, and it's absolutely brutal and hilarious to see going (I only got soaked once.)

To be kind, I've warned the boys and am dying to see which of them forgets first........unless, of course, it's me. ☹️

As backup, does anyone have any other ideas?

There is supposed to be a cat repellent plant Coleus Canina that works, never tried it as we have a few foxes around here and stray cats don't last long, don't know which is worse though cat or fox poo!

The motion activated water sprays are fantastic ....

I never realised that cats could manage vertical take off until I viewed the footage ...

Full Disclosure ...
I love cats ...

Just don't like cat crap in my borders and garden ...

I pick up after our dogs ...
I also don't want our dogs eating neighbours cats
I also don't want our dogs eating afore mentioned cat crap ...

Cats stay out of garden when we or dogs are around cool ....

Cats don't stay out of our garden when our dogs are around = good likleyhood of catburgers for tea .

Last edited:
There is supposed to be a cat repellent plant Coleus Canina that works, never tried it as we have a few foxes around here and stray cats don't last long, don't know which is worse though cat or fox poo!
I know the answer to that. Our mugwump loved to roll in fox poo, and the smell was awful. We took the worst of with soapy water, and finished of with tomato sauce.

The combination worked really well, but she ended up looking very pink until it wore off. Good job she was a lass. 😄

The motion activated water sprays are fantastic ....

I never realised that cats could manage vertical take off until I viewed the footage ...

Full Disclosure ...
I love cats ...

Just don't like cat crap in my borders and garden ...

I pick up after our dogs ...
I also don't want our dogs eating neighbours cats
I also don't want our dogs eating afore mentioned cat crap ...

Cats stay out of garden when we or dogs are around cool ....

Cats don't stay out of our garden when our dogs are around = good likleyhood of catburgers for tea .
You sound just like me - We must be related. 🤣

Cats by law have the right to roam, free manure, but i draw the line at un newtered cats which spray, i had to have a word with the chap next door about his cat whizzing up our front door, his cat has since then had some tackle removed.:eek:
Funny you should say that Trev.

Our neighbour once mentioned that in a previous house a neighbour had knocked on his door and ranted about their blessed cats. He replied "Thanks for that, I'll have a word with them." She replied Brilliant, thank you" and walked away. 😳

I could only laugh at his quick wit.

I have used a water pistol in the past (before we had the dogs). Water is the ultimate weapon for Cats. Once bitten soaked, twice shy. :giggle:
You've really got to see the product firing on YouTube.

I mentioned what I'd done to my son's, and both said their children fell about laughing.

When people first test it, try to remember to stand behind it. It's a mistake I only made once. 😱

Cats are clean animals, I had a cat many years ago and it used to dig a hole do it's business and then cover it up!

Cats are clean animals, I had a cat many years ago and it used to dig a hole do it's business and then cover it up!
Except a un nutered tom who leaves it out as a boundry marker.
Problem with many cats is the owners not getting them the snip.
Any way from this mth on all cats by law must be chipped, big fine if you dont, 28 days grace.

I would love to Annie, but we lost our Westie four years ago and it hurt too much. 🥺

On a brighter note, the device fired off twice this morning, no cat's poo amongst the veg, and I suspect our neighbour has a soggy-moggie.

So that's another cleaner cat. Win-Win. 😂

Except a un nutered tom who leaves it out as a boundry marker.
Problem with many cats is the owners not getting them the snip.
Any way from this mth on all cats by law must be chipped, big fine if you dont, 28 days grace.
That was not the answer I was wanting Trevor play the game. You were supposed to say but that's the norm for cats, my reply was going to be "Aye but no wi a shovel"Screenshot_20240413_082847_Google.jpg

Back