Corrosion

May or may not be keeping Leo. Whilst major work needed apparently would probably last me another 5 years as to quote the garage owner it is a sound van otherwise. Have an independent person with mechanic training going out to give me a second opinion then will weigh up my options.
Vans I have looked at on the net in my price range are either older or or only a couple of years younger. It may be a case of the devil you know.

Thanks for putting up with my moanings. Bloomin brain fog does not help when you feel you holidays slipping away despite all your other blessings.
Just my two penneth but you really need some one who is familiar with the floor structure of your van and knows the weak points and what is entailed in repairing it.

Just my two penneth but you really need some one who is familiar with the floor structure of your van and knows the weak points and what is entailed in repairing it.
THat is something I have considered. The guywho was trained as a mechanicis who is going to look at it for me now owns the family firm that does my hab checks. Three man team; his father himself and his son. Dad has been in the business for years but they no longer keep an area for stripping out vans. So in addition to welding opinion he is also looking at the damp issues with prossible maintenance costs on that in the near future. I don't live in the van and when I'm in it during the stop overs the door is usually open so not worried about health and (it's no where near that bad anyway) so fingers crossed again

I feel your pain. After two years running of very expensive welding on Winnie, and missing out 4 months of spring and early summer camping last year while I got everything done, MOT'd and tried to sell him, followed by various other things breaking/going wrong/not working since, I gave up. Too much needed doing and I just couldn't face the stress of getting everything fixed and trying to sell him again.

So I let him go for peanuts to a dealer who found even more wrong than I knew about (although he didn't find some faults I did know about) and am now in process of buying something smaller but newer.

I feel your pain. After two years running of very expensive welding on Winnie, and missing out 4 months of spring and early summer camping last year while I got everything done, MOT'd and tried to sell him, followed by various other things breaking/going wrong/not working since, I gave up. Too much needed doing and I just couldn't face the stress of getting everything fixed and trying to sell him again.

So I let him go for peanuts to a dealer who found even more wrong than I knew about (although he didn't find some faults I did know about) and am now in process of buying something smaller but newer.
Hope you find something soon Caz. I think you go out a lot more than I do so you must miss it.
At present I'm probably going with the, 'better the devil you know,' theory. I have no price on the welding yet. The damp is pretty awful but as I don't live in the van I can cope with it.
Looking online last week I realised that in my possible price range my options are pretty limited for the spec I wanted.
So decisions decisions.

Our van is still available if you're interested Caz send us a pm need the space on the drive so open to offers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back