Dreaming of a newer van

Pudsey Bear

We'd need a lotto win though.

Any van we would go for would have to have the capability for two single beds
I quite like this, it'd do all we'd need after adding Solar, I like the 9 speed auto box, not keen on the orange paint, the silly name or the bog seats hanging on the sides but inside it good enough I think

This one is really quite good too but in different ways.

Do you have a video of the one/s you'd really go for if you had the money?

we down sized from a autotrail tag m/h to a van converter only had it 10 months could not wait to get rid NO good for long term touring lost £10,000 in 10 months part x BUT the best £10.000 we have lost to see the back of it (n)

we down sized from a autotrail tag m/h to a van converter only had it 10 months could not wait to get rid NO good for long term touring lost £10,000 in 10 months part x BUT the best £10.000 we have lost to see the back of it (n)
Which model PVC?

I quite like this, it'd do all we'd need after adding Solar, I like the 9 speed auto box, not keen on the orange paint, the silly name or the bog seats hanging on the sides but inside it good enough I think

Porthole windows on vans always make me think back to the times of the Custom Van scene of the 1970's (at least that is when I was aware of them) with those windows, Airbrushed graphics and everything fur-lined inside.
I'd have loved a van like that and probably would have one know if that trend was still going :)
Seen much nicer Porthole windows have to say, but I don't mind the Orange paintwork at all.

When you are inside you canny see the outside colour, always buy to a good price, all other things are erelivent, feck i cant spell that LOL.

Not sure which you had but I'm not keen on either of these.

A front lounge in a coachbuilt is good and we had three like that, but I don't like them in a PVC though

sorry but we would stop touring if we had to down size to a PVC just not enough room as we tour for 3 months at a time & when we had wet days on end it was like being in prison

sorry but we would stop touring if we had to down size to a PVC just not enough room as we tour for 3 months at a time & when we had wet days on end it was like being in prison
Each to their own I suppose, I've had bigger vans basically just more room on the floor, not really much more storage, heavier on fuel, harder to park in towns, I miss our selfbuild it had all a big van had, I built in more than enough storage, if it had had lower miles we 'd still have it, as for being like a prison well you know more than myself I suppose.

But the thread is about what van you would have next & not which one you already have.

A bit insulting to the members who quite like their rabbit hutches.

As said, plenty of room in the right ones, the one you had was badly designed from my point of view but they sold plenty and you must have liked it enough to buy a new one, losing £10k would leave a sour taste in my mouth too, you really do have to be sure it's what you want when buying new, mistakes are expensive on any van, I've bought vans around £10k and made good money on them though.

The most suitable van really does depend on the use it’s put to. To sit for long periods on a campsite a larger van is probably ideal whereas to tour about moving most days, staying perhaps in relatively inaccessible spots a smaller van fits the bill. I’ve only ever had one, small by motorhome standards but with a little more space than a pvc and for the type of use we make of it it has proved perfect and I certainly would not want to change it for something newer.

The most suitable van really does depend on the use it’s put to. To sit for long periods on a campsite a larger van is probably ideal whereas to tour about moving most days, staying perhaps in relatively inaccessible spots a smaller van fits the bill. I’ve only ever had one, small by motorhome standards but with a little more space than a pvc and for the type of use we make of it it has proved perfect and I certainly would not want to change it for something newer.
I agree.

We do quite like the layout of our Ace Siena but it does have wasted space in it, the scooter sits in the hab doorway, a garage would be better for that, in the selfbuild there was useful storage above the screen this just has a tiny bin, with panels either side.

And it takes up too much space on the drive and in car parks.

I'd like the option of a PVC with no sliding door at all, there are two perfectly adequate can doors to get in and out, and you could have something useful built into the space like a better kitchen or a tall cupboard.

That's what we pick up on thec16th.vline 635 sportScreenshot_20240406_153150_WhatsApp.jpg

I agree.

We do quite like the layout of our Ace Siena but it does have wasted space in it, the scooter sits in the hab doorway, a garage would be better for that, in the selfbuild there was useful storage above the screen this just has a tiny bin, with panels either side.

And it takes up too much space on the drive and in car parks.

I'd like the option of a PVC with no sliding door at all, there are two perfectly adequate can doors to get in and out, and you could have something useful built into the space like a better kitchen or a tall cupboard.
You could do that with a self-build if you really wanted to. (I doubt very much if many people would want that setup though? I certainly would not).
My T5 Self-built actually had twin sliders, being a Shuttle. I found that dead handy. I made the drivers side slider the main hab door to save having to walk around the other side each time (didn't have to worry about kids or any rear passengers going in or out), and I had the Fresh and Waste Water containers under the sink - which I built directly in front of the Passenger side Sliding door - and easily accessible to empty and refill by just sliding open the Passenger side slider.
Plus could open either or both sliders for massive ventilation - far more than just opening a window :)

I did consider it for mine David, and I did build an easily removable 800mm wide worktop height extension with left over lightweight ply, it was secured by screws that would have caps to hide the holes if it was removed, I decided to take it out for the Ebay pictures and for your reasons, it never went back in but it was very useful, I never fitted the used electric step as Liz wouldn't be able to use it, so it got sold to someone on Facts, I always prefer the cab to get in and out, the only time we use the hab door is if we have a lot of shopping so Liz can easily pass it to me.

The Ideal - if you can afford the option - is to tell a top-end independent converter exactly what you want. But rather pricey to do that :)

What would be really nice is a PVC size to drive and a Motorhome size to stop in.
If a company made a PVC with a full length slideout wall that would be really nice :). I recall someone did a conversion of a sprinter with dual siding doors and converted one of the sliders to a slide-out, but I'd want the full length to come out. I think the issue would be to do that and keep within the 3.5t limit most want.

Back