Dreaming of a newer van

We originally wanted a pvc, but wanted it on the sprinter, we did go to buy a new lunar land star which ticked all the boxes for us, except the shocking build quality, so ended up buying a coach built, then another, now that we have had coach builts I doubt we could now do the pvc, the pvc would be great for driving around in as it is much narrower, and had the lunar had a decent build quality I am sure we would have been happy with it,
I guess it is swings and roundabouts,
The only decent compromise I have seen is the mototrek pvc with slide out sides,but they don’t do them on the sprinter

We are in the process of downsizing from a Carthago Compactline A Class to a PVC Malibu 640 LE K. I will miss the large underfloor lockers and storage but the truth is most of what we store never gets used. The Malibu no longer comes in orange, ours is Iron Grey. The porthole windows are an option with rectangular ones as standard, I like the portholes. We have also been spoilt by the Carthago quality but the Malibu is built to the same standard, it did narrow our choice of manufacturers down to a couple of brands. This video reassured me about the construction.
I am looking forward to our new style of touring in our “rabbit hutch” with “bog seat” windows. They must be popular because if you order a new one now you may well have to wait until late 2025 to get it and that is with a brand new dedicated factory churning out thousands of them each year.

the only real downside to the MAlibu for us would be the kitchen, only two burners and not much worktop, some have a flap that lifts up but it's quite small due to the vans width, Liz is a brilliant cook and she might veto it on that, but otherwise looks a really great van, meaning the one in the OP not the one below which is a waste of a video opportunity really as it doesn't give any info on spec.

Lovely looking M/home, Chris. What year is it? ( not wanting to spoil the event, but mindful of the delaminated floors between 2015-19 and the cost contribution that Burstner impose for their manufacturing failure!)

Steve
Did look at the Ixeo but the floor was lifting very badly & the Drop down Bed meant we had the same scenario at night as with our Eldiss disturbing one to get out of bed. With this set up can use beds as singles.

I had to look at that a while before I realised it didn't have a spare kitchen worktop but some clever cubby holes, obvious when in the van I expect.
Thanks, I suppose with any Camper or Motorhome that word comes into the Equation Compromising to what suits you đź‘Ś

Thanks, I suppose with any Camper or Motorhome that word comes into the Equation Compromising to what suits you đź‘Ś
A good use of the space, it can make a lot of difference having a dedicated place for hats, gloves, scarves, god DOG leads etc all by the door.

Last edited:
Well spotted you, you, you, thing you.

I actually had my eyes tested yesterday

Back