Driving on the Continent - a useful summary/refresher

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMJ

Not sure how that affects what we have to do now when driving on the Continent tbh.

Don't forget this absolutely essential item if drving abroad ....

I remember watching DD when this amazing idea was pitched and couldn't believe:
a) anyone even thought it worth doing and
b) they wasted time on the programme showing it.

Very useful, thanks. One thing missing is different speed limits depending on weight and when towing.…..and when passing speed cameras.

Very useful, thanks. One thing missing is different speed limits depending on weight and when towing.…..and when passing speed cameras.
one of the good things to come out of the B word is no more speeding fines unless you are caught in a manned speed trap where they pull you up & take your cash .cheyenne

well all i can say is just wait till it comes out this is besides the B word with all the extra rules now . cheyenne
Personal Food inspections have been waived for some time now. @GMJ posted a thorough explanation some months ago. The 'extra rules' are principally those that apply to all Third Countries; the most notable exception, IMO, was the UK Government refusal of the EU Offer under the Withdrawal Agreement in late 2017/ear;y 2018 that would have given UK citizens the same visiting EU time periods as EU citizens enjoy when visiting UK. The refusal was because the UK Government was openly boasting about removing Freedom of Movement, again, nothing whatever to do with M. Juncker, or his then EU role

Just to return to the original purpose of the Thread, the article that @GMJ posted was concerned with the Rules & Regs for European travels in a Motorhome, and nothing to do with the politics of UK's decision to leave the EU

Steve

Personal Food inspections have been waived for some time now. @GMJ posted a thorough explanation some months ago. The 'extra rules' are principally those that apply to all Third Countries; the most notable exception, IMO, was the UK Government refusal of the EU Offer under the Withdrawal Agreement in late 2017/ear;y 2018 that would have given UK citizens the same visiting EU time periods as EU citizens enjoy when visiting UK. The refusal was because the UK Government was openly boasting about removing Freedom of Movement, again, nothing whatever to do with M. Juncker, or his then EU role

Just to return to the original purpose of the Thread, the article that @GMJ posted was concerned with the Rules & Regs for European travels in a Motorhome, and nothing to do with the politics of UK's decision to leave th

Just to return to the original purpose of the Thread, the article that @GMJ posted was concerned with the Rules & Regs for European travels in a Motorhome, and nothing to do with the politics of UK's decision to leave the EU

Steve
well i am afraid what i have printed are rules & regs connected to touring in the Schengen aera which makes us a third world country to the EU .so if you ignore the rules you pay the price . cheyenne

well i am afraid what i have printed are rules & regs connected to touring in the Schengen aera which makes us a third world country to the EU .so if you ignore the rules you pay the price . cheyenne

??? This makes no sense, I'm afraid. There are no Rules & Regs that are applied to food for personal consumption. UK is not a 'Third World Country' [a now outdated label that refers to the Lesser Developed World countries], but is a Third Country, the official term used by EU to describe a country which is not a member of the EU

The original article that @GMJ linked his Post to merely gives a List of Reminders/Rules & Regs that apply to drivers within the majority of the EU Member States, not all of whom are Schengen Members

Steve

??? This makes no sense, I'm afraid. There are no Rules & Regs that are applied to food for personal consumption. UK is not a 'Third World Country' [a now outdated label that refers to the Lesser Developed World countries], but is a Third Country, the official term used by EU to describe a country which is not a member of the EU

The original article that @GMJ linked his Post to merely gives a List of Reminders/Rules & Regs that apply to drivers within the majority of the EU Member States, not all of whom are Schengen Members

St
well we know what rules we will be following in 3 weeks & that's all that matters to us .cheyenne

Yes. For the purposes of this thread I only posted about driving and not about wider Brexit implications. I'm pretty sure that most of not all the driving rules apply to all whether drivers/vehicles are from the UK or other EU/Schengen countries I.e. high vis vests, triangles etc.

Obviously most mainland continental dwellers will have no need of beam deflectors.

Yes. For the purposes of this thread I only posted about driving and not about wider Brexit implications. I'm pretty sure that most of not all the driving rules apply to all whether drivers/vehicles are from the UK or other EU/Schengen countries I.e. high vis vests, triangles etc.

Obviously most mainland continental dwellers will have no need of beam deflectors.
On forums there is often an obsession to get the B word in at any opportunity :rolleyes:

For those folk ... Time to move on, nothing to see here. It is like when you broke up with your first girlfriend/boyfriend ... you miss them, they used to do things for you that the next one didn't, but that's life. they ain't coming back. Friends Reunited is gone. :)

I never bought any of his stuff. liked it but never actually bought much music at all, I have around 17k MP3s

not many of his though

1690446037530.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back