Drum meet was it you

With 136bhp and a fairly high axle ratio you should easily get 70mph on the flat. Even my 86bhp
will get to its geared 63mph maximum and the 609d with 86bhp will get near to 70mph.
Think the 814D has the 136bhp. As ours is an 811D I believe the horsepower is lower at about 110 - although my partner’s the one who know this stuff. Plus as we’re in the Highlands currently there’s not been a lot of flat. His technical explanation to me goes along the lines of our top speed is limited by the number of clothes I have in the van 🤣

Sorry got that wrong, its Botcanu with the 614d.
Yes your engine is exactly as mine except the turbo adds a 'massive' 24 bhp making it 110bhp as you say.
What keeps your van slow is the 7.5t MAM necessitating a low gear diff. The 609d has a higher ratio diff. than
mine because the MAM is 5.6t, so has a bit more top speed. I really wanted a 609d, but Merc. said I'd
have to wait 4 months as the T2 is only built to order. I couldn't wait, got the newest S/H LWB PVC T2 in the UK
which happened to be a 709d.
The 814d has the turbo as your version, but in addition has an intercooler so produces 136bhp and can cope
with a higher ratio diff. than your 811d, MAM remains at 7.5t. so fairly rips along...... well comparatively! Do
you have drum brake rears?

Sorry got that wrong, its Botcanu with the 614d.
Yes your engine is exactly as mine except the turbo adds a 'massive' 24 bhp making it 110bhp as you say.
What keeps your van slow is the 7.5t MAM necessitating a low gear diff. The 609d has a higher ratio diff. than
mine because the MAM is 5.6t, so has a bit more top speed. I really wanted a 609d, but Merc. said I'd
have to wait 4 months as the T2 is only built to order. I couldn't wait, got the newest S/H LWB PVC T2 in the UK
which happened to be a 709d.
The 814d has the turbo as your version, but in addition has an intercooler so produces 136bhp and can cope
with a higher ratio diff. than your 811d, MAM remains at 7.5t. so fairly rips along...... well comparatively! Do
you have drum brake rears?
Apparently, according to my technical half, Greg, yes we do have drum brake rears. My response would have been, no it’s just the way I walk!!!

Discs all round on mine. Air over hydraulic brakes and only about 1900rpm at 60mph . About 20mpg local and about 26mpg on a run 👍

Reactions: Cie
Discs all round on mine. Air over hydraulic brakes and only about 1900rpm at 60mph . About 20mpg local and about 26mpg on a run 👍
How old is she? Ours is 27 so I think is probably rather more ancient.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back