Frost protection valve

That was superb, best Iโ€™ve seen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Well, along side the Dickens Cider ๐Ÿ˜‚
Two old ladies in the Library; 'What do you think of Kipling?', enquires the first
'Dunno, I've never kippled'
'Well, how about Dickens?'
'Dunno, never been to one ...' :rolleyes:

Steve

after every trip when we put the m/h on storage winter or summer i ALWAYS drain off the fresh water dont want to top up stagnant water in pipe's & tanks with fresh water & drain the waste off as well . we learnt the hard way years ago with a caravan & knackered the boiler due to frost so i am the auto frost protector job done .cheyenne

After reading @runnach post re turning the water pump off, I checked the Burstner Manual and found the same advice, including the advice to use the centre setting for the taps when emptying. The Burstner Manual also says to make a manual opening of the Frost Valve and to leave it open until next season/next trip. Although I was convinced that I had all but emptied the fresh water tank when we returned from our last trip [I had to leave the system emptying mid-way through the process, I was surprised at how much water emerged via the kitchen, bathroom taps, and the shower head, roughly 15-20 litres ... :rolleyes:

Fresh water tank drained, frost valve left open, grey water tank empty and the drainage valves closed, and taps/shower head closed again now. 12v system off. Tiny amount of clean water in the toilet cassette [insufficient to make a swishing sound when the cassettte was shaken]. Drop down bed lowered for air circulation. Solar has been decent for this time of year, so LB 14.19v and VB 13.87v despite the exercise for the water pump

Steve

Steve tbh it's only common sense to do this for goodness sakes ,even when we are away from the van for any time we isolate the water system incase any failures occurs
not rocket science but there again some make it out to be

Steve tbh it's only common sense to do this for goodness sakes ,even when we are away from the van for any time we isolate the water system incase any failures occurs
not rocket science but there again some make it out to be
It can be if a Zanussi, the appliance of science ya ๐Ÿš€

Old school methods still defy a lot of the modern crap that's out there and some younger ones terry wouldn't be able to throw a nut in a monkeys moof

Steve, no need to refer to your MH manual, just ask moi ๐Ÿ˜†
But there's no text that says 'Dear Burstne, I did the following because Terry said it was OK. Am I still covered by the Burstner Warranty?' .... :ROFLMAO: And, don't forget, I still have to stump up ยฃ1700 towards the Burstner Floor Delamination Repair, and wait until December 2024 for the Repair to be made ...

'At Burstner we're green, but we jump all over our customers who are even greener, putting up with our offloading financial responsibility on them for our flawed production, just because the M/Home is over 5 years old'. I'm just trying to contain my sense of anticipation at being able to buy another Burstner [as long as 'anticipation' is synonymous with 'not in a million years']

Steve

I donโ€™t have a frost dump valve but then again I donโ€™t have a boiler either ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

On winter trips I always drain freshwater and hot water tanks and open taps to shake out as much water as possible .befor laying up at home

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back