Fuel theft!

WildCamper

Free Member

Consider this ,
a farmer keeps getting his truck drained , so he does nothing but keep filling it up , a 13 year old boy knows his dad gets his diesel from the farm , and its easy no risk , so he goes and nicks some himself and puts it in his dads van takes it out for a joyride , but coz his dad doesnt maintain the van as hes got no care for anyone else the brakes fail and the lad goes down the road too fast cant brake for the bend and goes over a cliff the farmer feels guilty for not putting a 24 hour guard on the fuel but they all lived happily ever after ! :)
I understand the point you are making; all kinds of scenarios can be imagined.
However you are missing the point of intent.
In the scenario you create the farmer did not intend for any of it to happen.

In the actual case you first explained the farmer did intend to cause vehicle breakdown. With today's motorways without hard shoulders it is not too far fetched to imagine serious consequences of the farmer's actions to completely innocent people.

Also don't forget the farmer is a thief too. He is stealing from the Government with his red diesel usage.

Phantom

The Mot requirement for fuel filler caps is that they are secure meaning a good fit and form a good seal. There is no Mot requirement for them to lock at all.

SquirrellCook

The Mot requirement for fuel filler caps is that they are secure meaning a good fit and form a good seal. There is no Mot requirement for them to lock at all.
They may have changed the rules yet again, but it was always a requirement for exposed fuel caps to be lockable

Fdhadi

Free Member

Had a similar issue with milk constantly going missing from my doorstep years ago.
Injected one drop of mercury through the milk top.
Almost immediately after drinking the milk the mercury caused the bowls to open and the scroat literally shit themselves there and then.

RV2MAX

Had a similar issue with milk constantly going missing from my doorstep years ago.
Almost immediately after drinking the milk the mercury caused the bowls to open and the scroat literally shit themselves there and then.
Hope this is just posted as a joke ?
otherwise you have just admitted to a possible crime Offences against the person act 1861 S 23

SquirrellCook

As an engineering the truth is very important to me, and so is accuracy. Although I will claim to be willing to take direct action, it has to be to the right person or persons but absolutely with no chance of an innocent being harmed. So any kind of random device or action disgusts me immensely.

daygoboy

Free Member

And what if the scrotes had dropped the bottle and next doors dog lapped
the puddle up, a bit of analysis by your neighbour's vet, and consequently the
next day you get a visit from the cops. The scrotes get a free enema, you get
12 years celltime costing the taxpayer.
Unforeseen consequences.

Reactions: Alf

Owlhouse

A question about leaving the tank empty - how does the thief know if the tank is full or empty? They will break in/spike etc. regardless. I leave tank full to reduce condensation.

SquirrellCook

Well that's the next problem! When Murky was emptied for the second time the cap was not locked. The lock in the new cap did not work, but they pried it off anyways.

As for condensation both the Mercedes tanks have drain plugs at the bottom. Yes I know, two washing up bowls and they could have taken the fuel with little mess and no damage!

RV2MAX

Many years ago a certain group were regularly stealing diesel from a tank in a factory yard (not far from Heathrow)
They got so cock sure they were doing it to pattern . So one night as expected they turned up , and started decanting into 5 gallon drums which they had to carry about 300mtrs and then pass up over a 12ft fence and carry about 500 mtrs across rough grass to their van after overloading the van we swooped and collected the lot . They had worked up quite a sweat 🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)